News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Images break category BUG

Started by Darko F., September 29, 2022, 20:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko F.

So I made clean install,
I even create database and Joomla 4 install just to be sure  then I install install on test site package  com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10711_package_or_extract.zip
And when I create category worked well I save category as should without images. But then I upload picture to category .png and this brake page, I upload one more in new category .jpg and this also brake page.

Is a bug I think :)
VirtueMart log

2022-09-29 18:40:22
ERROR vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/xxx/domains/mydomain/private_html/assets/images/vmgeneral/noimage_new.gif<pre>#0  vmError() called at [/home/xxx/domains/my-domain/private_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/image.php:188]

Joomla debug reporting

An error has occurred.
0 Call to undefined method VmMedia::addMediaAttributesByType()

Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/images.php:193
2   include()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/helpers/adminsublayouts.php:64
3   adminSublayouts::renderAdminVmSubLayout()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmuikit_mediahandler.php:60
4   VmuikitMediaHandler::displayFilesHandler()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/product/product_edit_images.php:35
5   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:410
6   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/buildtabs.php:63
7   include()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/helpers/adminsublayouts.php:64
8   adminSublayouts::renderAdminVmSubLayout()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmuikit_adminuihelper.php:253
9   vmuikitAdminUIHelper::buildTabs()   JROOT/administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/product/product_edit.php:52
10   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:410
11   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmviewadmin.php:75
12   VmViewAdmin->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php:587
13   VirtuemartViewProduct->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcontroller.php:121
14   VmController->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcontroller.php:146
15   VmController->edit()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/product.php:46
16   VirtuemartControllerProduct->edit()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
17   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:75
18   require_once()   JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
19   Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()   JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
20   Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:355
21   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
22   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
23   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:294
24   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
25   require_once()   JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

hazael

In my case, I was doing updates with added products that already have images added.
I get an error when I try to edit any product with a picture:

Call to undefined method VmMedia::displayFilesHandler()
JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/product_edit_images.php on line 28

Missing function displayFilesHandler() In the file:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmedia.php

I think the developer rushed too much with the update ;D

Darko F.

Funny thing is that I also update on existing J4 test website and from 20 categories 15 of them lost pictures but five not.

The difference is  between this who have pictures they are all .jpg and in resized folder but another were to ,jpg  but not in resized folder and they desapear 

/category/ploscice-struzne.jpg - desapear

/category/resized/cutting-grinding_0x90.jpg - picture in resized folder stay there

Cant enter from admin in any of the category tho.

I would like to migrate on Joomla 4

I completely done website already except  shop on it, I waiting on stable VirtueMart version for J4.

Unfortunately my knowledge is not good enough to fix code

All I can do is testing, and hope for the best.

Studio 42

Darko F.

No is not
vmError: File not found /home/xxx/domains/mysitei/private_html/assets/images/vmgeneral/noimage_new.gif

In config I have
General Assets URL: components/com_virtuemart/assets/

When I go in these folder via FTP I don see any  noimage_new.gif there

Also why try to find in /private_html/assets/ should be  /private_html/components/com_virtuemart/assets/ or I'm wrong?

Darko F.

com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10713_package_or_extract.zip

These package, correct issues with image, also search with special characters work hooray for that, and thank you.

Unfortunately still cant enter from admin custom fields and pagination don't work.

Milbo

Quote from: Darko F. on September 30, 2022, 11:02:00 AM
No is not
vmError: File not found /home/xxx/domains/mysitei/private_html/assets/images/vmgeneral/noimage_new.gif

In config I have
General Assets URL: components/com_virtuemart/assets/

When I go in these folder via FTP I don see any  noimage_new.gif there

Also why try to find in /private_html/assets/ should be  /private_html/components/com_virtuemart/assets/ or I'm wrong?

Also found this one. Please try https://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1332/com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10714_package_or_extract.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Darko F.

So I install  com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10714_package_or_extract.zip on Joomla 4
Installation was successful, and Images in categories and products work, as should, (was worked with om_virtuemart.4.0.7.10713_package_or_extract.zip already), search work with special characters,
Unfortunately still cant enter from admin custom fields and pagination don't work.

I tested with Joomla 3 and install this version on all my joomla 3 alive working websites, I need it because search with special characters badly, almost nothing was found on our shop without Š Č .

On J3 everything work as should we could enter custom fields and all.

Except minor error in J3 and J4
Update: :Extension: Could not parse http://virtuemart.net/releases/vm3/plg_vmcustom_download_simple_update.xml

Great work I must say for now.

Hope custom fields and pagination will be solved also on J4 and we can update our sites.

My joomla
Joomla! Version   4.2.3
PHP Version   8.0.23
Identity   user
Response   200
Template   atum
Database   
ServermysqlVersion10.4.24-MariaDB-cll-lve-log

Collation utf8_general_ci

Conn Collation utf8mb4_general_ci

Milbo

Quote from: hazael on September 29, 2022, 21:39:40 PM
Call to undefined method VmMedia::displayFilesHandler()
JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/product_edit_images.php on line 28

I think the developer rushed too much with the update ;D

Yes. The vm4.0.7 so far was a bugfix only version. Except the changes of vmEcho were for debugging convenients. But I have since years the idea, to rewrite the mediahandler, make it smaller. I managed that, but the performance hit was almost none. But it had this sideeffect in the BE editing. So I removed it.

I will add this idea (if it makes a performance difference) in a later version. Not in vm4.0.8
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Darko F.

There are few other errors in Joomla 3, they are minor not connected with images, but I write any way just if somebody decide to use these last update on working sites as I did.

So most important on J3 websites I don't use native reviews system  I use one from GJC design so I don't know if native reviews work.
I test review on J4 it save review, I can see it in admin panel and I publish it, but on front page at product display  i get message - there is no review for this product - but it give 5 stars to the product so working partially.

Another you can't use Pdf view from front page and you cant edit product from front page in J3 and J4.
TypeError when wiev pdf in J4
in /home/siga01/domains/strugarstvo.si/private_html/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php (line 592)
edit front from product in J4
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Router\SiteRouter::setMode()

Edit product in j3 from front page
0 Class "PX" not found

Hope this helps.