News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Why some VM strings are in English? (whereas i have a Multilingual shop/site)

Started by extonjaez, September 29, 2022, 20:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extonjaez

My devs says:

I think something in the language translation doesn't work properly with VM 4.0.7 10701 (or with 4.0.7.10713)

We have the fallback to English set to off in the configuration.
See sales price line using VMText and JText.
xxxx

I think VM assigns language too early before Joomla establishes the current language. Because in the function vmLanguage::initialise, the language tag is always en-GB and that's because Joomla hasn't established the current language yet.

It's also likely this is caused by some plugin that calls VmConfig::loadConfig function  before the current language is established but VM should have some check for it in the vmLanguage class.

Thanks for your help  :)
regards
Arnaud

System Information

VirtueMart 4.0.7 10701
PHP Built On   Linux s22095112 3.10.0-1127.13.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 23 15:46:38 UTC 2020 x86_64
Database Type   mysql
Database Version   10.2.44-MariaDB
Database Collation   utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Encryption   None
Database Server Supports Connection Encryption   No
PHP Version   8.1.9
Web Server   Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface   fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 4.2.3 Stable [ Uaminifu ] 27-September-2022 15:35 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Studio 42

It can be an external plugin that set the language. Try to disable system plugins loading VIrtuemart config.
It can be a module too

extonjaez

"Base Custom Fields for All" plugin, used as a base for the Breakdesigns VM Custom Plugins.

note from dev
We suggest to keep the plugin disabled, as some issues were reported with the proper language detection, in multi-lingual sites.
After all, the plugin is not used by the Joomla's plugin system (does not have plugin triggers inside).
Hence it makes no difference if it is enabled or disabled.

:)