News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do I disable redirect to VM Registration form?

Started by Henrik Holm Nielsen, January 28, 2019, 14:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henrik Holm Nielsen

Hi,

I'm building af site, with different types of users - forum-users, users with access to hidden content as well as shop users.
In the case of a shopuser, I makes perfectly sense for us to use the VM registration for, but for a forum- or regular content access user, we would like to use the regular Joomla User Registration for.

We have then deactivated the "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates" plugin, which we understand is responsible for redirecting to the VM Registration form. However - we still get all user registrations redirected to VM Registration form.

We have deleted Joomla cache, browser cache and restarted webserver to make sure we did not have old data in nginx on the server.
But trying to access a regular Joomla User Registration form in frontend, still redirects us.

Also tried not disabling the plugin, but just setting VMSYSTEM_COMUSER_REDIRECT to NO as mentioned in https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/231-redirect-of-joomla-registration-to-virtuemart-registration-1.html - but same result.

It's not a module override as seen in other threads, as redirect happens when we manually type the URL to Joomla Registration Form in browser. Also when hovering link to Registration Form, we see the URL to Joomla Reg. Form...

Any ideas how to disable this redirection, and be able to use regular user registration when required?

Joomla 3.9.2
VM 3.4.2

Cheers,
Henrik Holm Nielsen
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

Henrik Holm Nielsen

Oh well - as often before, the second you cry out for help, you immediately find the solution yourself.

I our case, we also have Rupostel One Page Checkout installed, and we just found out that this contains an option for redirection of Joomla Registration to Virtuemart Registration. Disabling this, solved everything!

Cheers :)
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum