News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Free? Forever?

Started by MAD King, September 23, 2018, 22:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Hello to the developer of VM.

Just realized what a great product I have in hand, or more on the computer.
It just amazes me how flexible VM is together with Joomla and all this for free.
I was once that flexible too. haha
So, there should not be any complaints about VM when you get something for free and a great support.

Thank you for giving me VM for free.   ;)
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

Nice to hear  :)

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

It's free for the user to download and to use.

The developers put a lot of "expensive" work into it, though, and by means of having to survive to also keep the software alive, they have to find a source of income.

So if you, in some time make lots of money with the shop, or by making the shop for a customer, it's a brilliant idea to go for a supporter membership.
Google will probably help you with the link via: supporter membership virtuemart.

Yes, and it's not me who gets the benefits, so I don't write to fill my own pockets. ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

MAD King

Quote from: StefanSTS on September 24, 2018, 12:09:40 PM

So if you, in some time make lots of money with the shop, or by making the shop for a customer, it's a brilliant idea to go for a supporter membership.
Google will probably help you with the link via: supporter membership virtuemart.

Stefan

Hi Stefan (nice German name btw., or more from an old Greek name.  ;))

I was looking onto this. There is a banner in VM where you can subscribe to a membership to support the developer and as you mentioned, as soon I will generate income for myself I definitely will go with the Gold Membership. Fair is just fair.

Danke und Gruss an die Heimat.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922