News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Started by antifragile, September 21, 2016, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antifragile

Hi, following the update to 3.0.18 (from 3.0.16) I am now also getting this error, right on the homepage and in the webshop, but not on other pages (COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND). If you search for that on Google, there are dozens of sites that also have this error.

I have synchronized media files. I do have some missing ones, but these have been there for ages, and the error message did not appear.

Please advise.

Dan

J3.6.2
VM3.0.18

Milbo

This happens, when a file is not found. Just login as admin, then you can see which file it tries to load.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

antifragile

Indeed, after logging into the frontend as admin, it did show the list of missing files. Oddly enough they were where they should be, and that the issue wasn't there before the update. I had to re-enter the pics into the product. All other products were fine. But that solved it.

Many thanks Milbo!!

Selam

PHP7 | J3.6.2 | VM3.0.18

Hi, same problems, but the hint of Milbo doesnt help me.
After logging in as admin i didnt see any missing files.
:-\ Have anyone a other solution for this problem? thx Selam

site: www.natural-spa.at

antifragile

My problem reappeared. Even after having identified the missing files. As mentioned, I had deleted the product images, reloaded them again. It worked temporarily.

It is saying:

vmError: COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND
vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found

for about 8 images that I had added to a product. The thumbnails are there in the thumbnail /resized folder, as are the original images in the folder /images/stories/virtuemart/product/XXXX

Oddly, the problem is only for one single product.

Any advise is welcome!

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Jörgen

Hello

@antifragile Do You have any related product or perhaps category, that has missing images, for this product ?
You may also wish to add a language override for this language key (COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

@selam
I notice that I see the text File not found when clicking on Product details, and clicking on category or manufacturer I find the language key COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND displayed.
This indicates perhaps that the error sometimes seems to come from Joomla backend, or otherwise the text File not found would be displayed. I feel that this is a bit confusing. Should the error not come from the same source, Joomla front end using the same language file? I think that is strange  ??? Jumping between category and product details displays either "File not found" or COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Quote from: antifragile on September 21, 2016, 13:05:33 PM
I had to re-enter the pics into the product.

You opened the product and stored the images again? From which version did you update?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

antifragile

Quote from: Milbo on September 22, 2016, 11:48:19 AM
Quote from: antifragile on September 21, 2016, 13:05:33 PM
I had to re-enter the pics into the product.

You opened the product and stored the images again? From which version did you update?

Yes, delete the images from the product and stored them again via the search images functionality up on top.

Update was from 3.0.16. Before the update all was fine, no error messages. I had the product running for a few days already.

This may be subjective, but since I searched for that in Google yesterday, there seem to be many more shops today with that error.

Thanks again!

antifragile

Quote from: Jörgen on September 22, 2016, 10:02:21 AM
Hello

@antifragile Do You have any related product or perhaps category, that has missing images, for this product ?
You may also wish to add a language override for this language key (COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

regards

Not that I know off, I have no related producty and the category seems fine.

What would the override achieve? That the error message disappears?

Jörgen

The error would not disappear. But I Think it is strange that the "same" error seems to be displayed in two ways as "No file found" and as COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND.

In the case of category view the COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND is shown and in the case Product view the translation "No file found" is shown. I would for neatness make a language override that displayed "No files found" instead of COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND. Displaying the language keys gives me the impression of badly written code or someone isn´t bothered to clean it up.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

Did anyone try to replace the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php with the one from the version before?

Cannot reproduce the problem atm, so if someone would try, it might be possible to narrow down the problem.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

antifragile

I changed the PHP from 5.3 to 7 (because my provider told me that support is running out) and now the error seems to be gone. Unsure whether this was the cause. For a moment I had thought it may be a simple cache issue, but I had reproduced the error using a different browser (and in the admin section I am using an automatic cache deleter anyways). So it may have indeed been the PHP version.

Thanks to all looking into this!

Dan

Konst

Hi! Upgraded from 3.0.16 to 3.0.18 there were errors on some pages.
Site: www.gelkos.ru www.xn--c1aepdqs.xn--p1ai

Thanasis

The same here, i upgraded from 3.0.16 to 3.0.18 an i have the COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND error. Thanks

Jumbo!

Go to VirtueMart → Media Files and click on "Synchronize media to VirtueMart" button displayed at the top left side in the page.

Clear cache of your site and check again.