News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM3 -registration email template

Started by Patricck, November 09, 2015, 21:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricck

Hi all,

could somebody please help me with configuring the user registration template? I would need a pretty design, but as i couldnt find any easy solution.

This is how my email looks like at the moment:

Joomla versions: Joomla! 3.4.5 Stable
VM version: VirtueMart 3.0.9

At the center, gray background - text i can change.
Thanks
Patrik

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Patricck

Sorry - edited post (added versions).

jenkinhill

Your VM version is too old. Current latest is VM3.0.11.4

So are you already using any template overrides? In the title you say " email template" and in text you say "registration template" - which exactly do you mean?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Patricck

Thanks - i will update it :)
Sorry,
i want to change the registration email template (form of the emails).
I am using Vina Bonnie template with virtuemart. But i have found the following component:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/emails-for-virtuemart

Probably will use this one.

jenkinhill

I know nothing of that template but it could be using badly constructed or out of date overrides for email. The default VM email does not look like that!

The default VM email templates are in components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl  - the main element is mail_html.php with the other elemnts of the page with names beginning mail_html_ 
The templates are easy to edit to create your own style - use the edited files as new overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Patricck

Thanks for the answer,
it took some time to identify. I have checked the php files to identify configs. I am using the default email template file - no overrides. The issue is that in GMAL the registration email looks totally different. In outlook, all is OK.

Attached is the same mail in outlook, in gmail and the config file.

Is it possible to make the mail good looking also in gmail and other email clients?

Sorry, but i am 0 in php  :(

Thanks

Kind regards
Patrik

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Patricck

This is working also for registration email? i dont need it for order emails, as i am using an external plugin for invoice management, which handles also order emails.

GJC Web Design

doesn't the reg mail come from Joomla?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Patricck

No - dont think so. After registering with Joomla menu item as user, i got a totally different registration mail template to my inbox.

jenkinhill

You can override the mail registration templates.
components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/mail_html_regvendor.php   for the email to the vendor.
components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/mail_html_reguser.php   for the email to the shopper

Changes can be made in the html or css, Gmail works better with inline css so that is what I use when styling the mails. Few of my clients actually use registration, most prefer to stick to guest checkout only to  simplify and speed the checkout process.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Patricck

The issue is, that i am not a php nor css programmer :-/ Is it possible to change the virtuemart registration mail html reguser with joomla one. I would need only a short text, whit a registration link, no table format, or anything else.

Thanks

Patrik