News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom fields - SEF alias rather than product name

Started by conceptsk, April 28, 2015, 21:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conceptsk

Hi
I'm working on a website called Etendard, please see URL of our dev version:
http://clients-conceptsk2.com/etendard-update

We recently updated the website which was previously with Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2,
updated to the new version of Joomla 3.4 and Virtuemart 3.

Since then all the size of our products are now labelled with the SEF alias (See screnshot 1) rather than the product name variable (See screenshot 2). 

It's probably a matter of one or two hours, but we're unable to properly fix this issue.

Someone knows how to fix it?
Or do you know if we can pay someone from Virtuemart to help us and what would be the cost ?

Thank you

Karyne
Concepts K
Conception de site web
www.conceptsk.com

Studio 42

Bonjour,

Check if you have added the custom field : Generic Child Variant  and choice Name. Then you must have the name, if you select alias, then you have the alias.
Perhaps virtuemart have loose some customfields settings on updating the release.
Contact me by personnal message if you really don't understand how to change this.
I Help you in Skype.

Salutation de France,

Patrick

conceptsk

Bonjour Patrick (je me permets de continuer en français étant donné que tu es français ;) )

Est-ce que je dois faire ça à chaque produit? Parce que j'ai plus de 1000 produits...
Concepts K
Conception de site web
www.conceptsk.com

Studio 42

Hello,
Make one and replicate the changes with mysql.

in French :
faites un teste avec un produit, et vérifiez la différence. Après vous utilisez mysql pour répliquer sur toutes les lignes et champs concerné. C'est la seul solution automatisé.
Le soucis est que Virtuemart à modifier certains champs en interne(d'ailleurs on y a droit à chaque nouvelle version) donc selon le cas ceci sont perdu. D'ou l'utilité de toujours faire un backup avec virtuemart avant de mettre à jour.

Salutations,

Patrick

conceptsk

Concepts K
Conception de site web
www.conceptsk.com

conceptsk

En passant, mon backup était fait et tout. Je suis sur un site de développement en ce moment.
L'ancien site continue de fonctionner en joomla 2.5 à cette adresse: http://www.etendard.com
Concepts K
Conception de site web
www.conceptsk.com