Started by lanthan, June 21, 2014, 13:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunasashimi

@slammy
I know this extension...

But we need the exact opposite.
Vat Tax for CH --> NO Vat for EU countries

Shop is located in Switzerland.
Therefore no Vat for buyers outside Switzerland (b2c)

lanthan

Hi Slammy,
I read your thread. Exact same problem. The EU VAT Checker is in my point of view a B2B plugin, because it checks, if the VAT-ID entered is valid because you are responsible for the VAT if the ID is invalid. And sure you can buy it and it solves this problem, too. 99% of my customers are are B2C and the B2B customers will be checked by me and get an individual login, so they can buy without tax.

The tax calculation rules obviously don´t work like they should or we interpretate them (anonymous, default). I made a work around currently and it works for me, but I am searching for a general solution.

If you didn´t go to the cart the default country is not set (even empty). If you do so, the country is set and the tax rule works like it should.

One solution would be to set up the cart once you reach any virtuemart site. Because I don´t have too much time and do not exactly know the structure of VM it will cost me hours. For an VM developer it would be just some minutes I guess. I would prefer a field, where you can choose your shop country and which is related to the prices.

slammy

Hi Lanthan,

I am sure you´re wrong. We are using this plugin, see our webshop suite9.de. With this plugin it is possible that:

- customers outside EU don´t pay tax
- customers inside eu pay tax
- Business inside eu (in my case inside eu but outside germany) with vat-id don´t pay tax
- Business outside eu with our without vat-id don´t pay tax

Therefore the plugin creates 2 shoppergroups, one to pay tax, another one who do not have to pay tax
The plugin itself does the rest.

To reproduce at suite9.de, try 
- put an article in the cart
- edit deliveryadresse with fake data and choose for example switzerland
- cart will be reloaded without tax

I believe - using this plugin - I can remember that it is important to create only tax-rules for product-view and that you do assign "standard-rules" and not assign the named tax-rule in the product-edit-mode, then it works.

You can contact istraxx if you want to confirm your qeustion btw. my information ...
regards jens

lanthan

I was talking about "without using this plugin" ;-)

By the way, the session idea didn´t work, but I will have a look at the calc now.

slammy

Hi Lanthan again,

I did overread that you are searching for standard-rules-solution to solve this. sry for that.

I
Quotebelieve - using this plugin - I can remember that it is important to create only tax-rules for product-view and that you do assign "standard-rules" and not assign the named tax-rule in the product-edit-mode, then it works.

Be aware, I meant my last sentence only for a solution when using the plugin! As far as I know, I bought the plugin because it didn´t work regular (it worked before vm 2.0.8e) ...
let me know if you find a solution for your Needs without the plugin, okay!
best regards jens