Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Please explain behaviour of checkout emails

Started by ostryweb, March 09, 2014, 23:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ostryweb

Joomla! 2.5.19, Virtuemart 2.0.26d

what i want to accomplish:
when the user checks out (presses "confirm purchase" button), it redirects him to "Thank you for your order" page + button for paying on paypal.
at this point the user receives email with order overview.

what happens:
everything except the email being sent and invoice being created.

my setting is in the attachment pic (just not to complicate stuff I made it simple for test what is wrong).
logically this should be correct, because at the time before the payment the status of the order in orders section is "pending".. however no email is sent to anyone, also the invoce is not created according to orders table.

-------------
the emails are filled and correct (vendor, customer, system) and the mailer works, because on registration emails get mailed normally.

please explain what is not correct on this setting.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Your idea how the checkout should be is wrong.

After pressing confirm, you are FIRST redirected to paypal, if you payed there, THEN you see the thank you page. The setting Pending is wrong, it must be at least "confirmed by shopper", or "confirmed". The order status pending is used during the checkout process itself.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ostryweb

Thank you for your answer, however, yes and no :)

When you press the second button, you see this "thank you" and paypal redirection button (see the attachment) - this is the default template that comes with the clean install.
also at this very moment the order is allready in the system with status pending (see the second attachment)

But Im not here to argue, please help me set up the system, so the confirmation email gets mailed at this very moment, so before the paypal taking action, if it is possible.

I need to have details to be sent to buyer and I sort of don't care at this point what will happen with paypal. Paypal is a payment system and payment can be taken care of later. I set up the default status to create invoice and send email at "Pending", because I beleive there is no earlier status of order, is there?

Also you say the Pending status is used during checkout itself, so why isn't there any email being sent, if i have setup as on the attachment pic in previous post..?

Or this is not the way the Virtuemart works?

Thank you very much for your effort

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ostryweb

I know bumping is not cool, however its been one week and no help..

So oone in the world wants to be notified about someone buying BEFORE the payment, not after? and if the customer just closes paypal without paying, admin will find out by accident when looking into the VM orders table, because there will be new order which noone got notified about?

But I think now its just not designed how I would expect, because it doesnt email at that step even if I add all available statuses to the configuration.. Which surprises me, because of what I wrote before (there will be "gray" orders, which noone knows about unless he checks the admin every day.. thats best way how to lose a customer who made all steps except payment for some reason..) Strange that I'm the first one thinking like that??

ostryweb

I have found another thread which hopefully solves the problem, so apparently I will not go crazy these days yet..

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112110.0