News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No New Order Confirmation Email

Started by BigAlStorm, January 16, 2013, 23:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlStorm

Hi All

I have searched the forums for a solution and still have an issue.

Below are the details of the installation:
Joomla Version running on site: Joomla! 2.5.6
Shopping Cart: Virtuemart
Shopping Cart version running: 2.0.18a
Vendor Details: The cart has just one vendor which is admin user and rights set to superuser.
Payment Gateway Used: WorldPay Payment Plugin (C) 2008-2012 E-commerce Solution 2.0.6 (Full) and default paypal plugin
Checkout Settings: Guest or login/registration required to checkout.

Problem Faced:
1. The vm system doesnt send an automated email to the customer when an order is placed.

2. The vm system doesnt send an automated email to the vendor when an order is placed.

3. Joomla sucessfully emails the admin on new user registrations, contact forms both with phpmailer and smtp setup

4. User in both joomla and Vm set to recevie system emails

5. if the order status is changed from pending to confirmed both customer and vendor receive the email of order confirmation

6. forgot to add ask us a question works fine also for the site

From other threads
Could you check if you have the option under shopper admin/storeadmin configuration to receice system mail?
Reply: Yes, that option is checked to yes.

What you have select in the backend configuration->checkout Default Order Status to send an invoice ? Confirmed?
Reply: Yeah, receive invoice on confirmed.

disabling the worldpay has the same result. I also have another site which on another server without the worldpay plugin and the issue is happening also.

It looks like the issue started around version 2.0.8 so i upgraded both sites to the latest versions of VM, The server successfully emails the email address so I have ruled out the server, the joomla email also works with no issues so I ruled that out so it looks like something in the VM setup is not sending out onew order placed emails all other stages of the process send out the emails fine.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Al

leFlea

Also having exact same problem. I'm using the default Paypal plug-in. Orders are confirmed upon successful sandbox testing, but no order confirmation emails are sent out.
I will try to check and correct core VM code but I hope we can find better solutions here first.

BigAlStorm

Yeah I am testing with a vanilla install to see if one of teh overrides I made to the design might have caused it but highly unlikely.

On a serious issue I hoped to get some replies as I see others with same issue all over the forums with no solution.

Will post update on the vanilla site and see what happens

leFlea

I resolved my issue by updating my order output overrides, replaced a function that no longer exists in current VM version. Have you tried to turn on error reporting to check?

BigAlStorm

couldnt see any errors, can you give me an example of how you did it.

Trying to do as little overrides as possible but this is a production live site so needs to work (hack or no hack ) lol

Thanks

leFlea

I replaced code using shopFunctionsF::getBaseUrl() in these overrides:
* invoice/invoice_items.php
* invoice/mail_html_shopper.php
* invoice/mail_html_footer.php

Details on the diff file (attached).

This corrected my problem. But seeing that you have your item #5 working, this solution might not be the fix for you. Still, let me know if it works or not.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

BigAlStorm

thanks leflea

I will try this out

Worst case I will reinstall the store and setup each of the template overrides one at a time then look at all teh core hacks that were made

Al

lukelee

Hi, bigalstorm:
Have you solve this problem? I am having this problem now, really a headache

PRO

in the payment method what is the setting?

There is a setting inside each payment method

lukelee

Thank you for reply, Pro:
here is the screen grab:

PRO

in the vmart config thats the PDF invoice, not order_email

so when you log in and change paypal order to confirmed it sends the email right?:"

lukelee

Quote from: PRO on March 09, 2013, 19:09:34 PM

so when you log in and change paypal order to confirmed it sends the email right?:"
Hi, Pro:
  Yes, when I manually change order status from pending to confirmed, email will be sent.

PRO

Quote from: lukelee on March 10, 2013, 10:38:28 AM

Hi, Pro:
  Yes, when I manually change order status from pending to confirmed, email will be sent.

then it works like its supposed to

If you want the email to be automatically sent.

Change the paypal status to default to confirmed

lukelee

Quote from: PRO on March 10, 2013, 13:59:34 PM
Quote from: lukelee on March 10, 2013, 10:38:28 AM

Hi, Pro:

then it works like its supposed to

If you want the email to be automatically sent.

Change the paypal status to default to confirmed

Thanks, Pro:
  But I also want notification for both vendor and buyer when paypal is pending.

PRO

have you tried "default order status to send invoice"

setting it to "pending"  ONLY?