News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart Langage pack mostly not working 2.0.22b onward

Started by sjshaffer, October 08, 2013, 05:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjshaffer

Joomla 2.5.14 site running on linux server (1and1.com ) I recently upgraded to 2.0.22b and found that the shopping cart language pack strings are not working except for COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ADDRESS_LABEL
I've now upgraded again to 2.0.24 in hopes that it might fix it. I reloaded en-GB to see if the language pack was corrupt but no help.  I've tried adding EN-US to see if that might work but no help there either.

I've attached a screen shot of the shopping cart.  Pointers on debugging this?

Pointers on debugging this?

http://www.ulcellars.com/shop/cart

sjshaffer

I've tried downloading the language pack and no luck.  I've now uninstalled virtuemart, manually dropped the virtuemart tables form the database then reinstalled 2.0.24 that didn't change things.  uninstalled 2.0.24 and installed 2.0.22a (again dropping the tables from the database) and have the same problem.

sjshaffer

Turning on language debugging I get the following with respect to virtuemart.  (Note I've currently enabled the site for en-US)  THe module that needs to load is the com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini but it doesn't.

**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-US/en-US.com_virtuemart.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/language/en-US/en-US.com_virtuemart.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_klarna.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_klarna.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_paypal.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_paypal.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_payzen.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_payzen.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_systempay.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_systempay.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_acc.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_acc.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_did.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_did.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_idl.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_idl.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_gir.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_gir.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_heidelpay.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_heidelpay.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_sft.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_sft.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_pwy.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_pwy.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_obt.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_obt.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_wlt.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_wlt.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_authorizenet.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmpayment_authorizenet.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart_countries.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.com_virtuemart_countries.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmshipment_weight_countries.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_vmshipment_weight_countries.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-US/en-US.plg_system_onepage.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_onepage.ini

jjk

At present the en-US language pack for VirtueMart is an incomplete copy of the en-GB language files, because despite having 316+ Million citizens including many VirtueMart users, still nobody volunteered to translate and maintain the en-US translation at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/virtuemart/

So please use en-GB language packs for VirtueMart. However, if you want to use this, the en-GB language pack for Joomla has to be installed, too.
Also, when you enable both, 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in Joomla, does the language debug show any errors in addition to the 'loaded/not loaded' info?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

sjshaffer

I finally tracked this down and it WAS the One Page Checkout that needed updating.  I incorrectly only updated the plug-in and forgot that I needed to update the checkout.php override in my template file.