News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem upgrading to version 2.0.22c

Started by smccloskey, September 05, 2013, 04:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smccloskey

Did the update to version 2.0.22c and now my products are not showing at all (neither in the backend or front end). I'm getting 404 errors on each product. My paths in the VM  store confg file are set to images/stories/virtuemart/product/   and the error message from the server error file is showing /images/fancybox  where did that come from?

Joomla! 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.18
VM version 2.0.22c

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

You say "my products are not showing at all (neither in the backend or front end)"  So the product table in the backend is apparently completely empty? What about categories?

Have you tried with Beez template?

What is the precise error shown in the server log?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

smccloskey

Hard to explain. I can go into the VM Control Panel and click on the Statistics tab and see 83 active products there. Click on the link and nothing shows.

Can't see categories at all. Tried Beez and same problem exists.
Here is a sample webserver error logfile entry (I removed some location information for privacy and joomlanew is the sub directory on my web site where all this resides at present time )

[Wed Sep 04 20:43:09 2013] [error] [client **.***.160.65] File does not exist: /vservers/smccloskey/htdocs/joomlanew/images/fancybox, referer: http://www.*********.com/joomlanew/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart

as I mentioned before fancybox is not in the path in my config file in VM control panel this shows images/stories/virtuemart/product/
as the path.
Somehow that update has overwritten something somewhere by inserting fancybox into the path. I can see the files, they are still there. I'm as about as green as green gets for a beginner, hopes this make sense.

jenkinhill

Sounds like it could be a corruption during update. It is safe to install over the top, so install the main and aio 2.0.22c components again using Joomla's extensions installer.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

smccloskey

Tried the update again. Nothing changed and I see another 404 entry in the server logfile just above the long listing of products not found list.
[Thu Sep 05 20:04:24 2013] [error] [client **.***.160.65] File does not exist: /vservers/smccloskey/htdocs/joomlanew/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en.js, referer: http://www.sculpturedglass.com/joomlanew/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product

This error line was in the logfile from yesterday as well. I just now spotted it after seeing it at top of list. My apologies, I would have included it had I seen it yesterday. Perhaps that will shed some light as to what's happening? Can I revert back to version 2.0.22b?

jenkinhill

Are you using old template overrides or some older version VM plugins?  /jquery.ui.datepicker-en.js is not part of 2.0.22c so should not be called, the datepicker is more country specific now, eg  jquery.ui.datepicker-en-GB.js  and  jquery.ui.datepicker-en-NZ.js  (the old file variant is not in any of the 2.0.22 versions.)

Sounds like you are not testing the update on a backup copy of the site - that should always be the way to work with any Joomla component! If not, then make a backup copy first and continue working out a fix on that copy.

Some other things I can think of: In configuration/templates please ensure that Select the default template for your Shop is set to Use Joomla default, (and the same for Category template).
In case you have a database issue use the Install or if necessary update tables button in VM Tools.
If using SEF, try without.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

I think this is your language setting. Check your language tables. What is the suffix? Maybe you just need to set english there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

smccloskey

It's probably going to boil down to the template and its over rides. I had bought the vm2 template with a joomla install built into it from enytheme.com for its looks and am not getting any response from their support (this doesn't surprise me and I'll leave it at that). Was hoping it was a small problem and I really appreciate your time & advice. This is not a working site at all, just a work in progress to teach this "old dog" some joomla and might someday replace a working site.  I do have a backup but it's old and since the template and install didn't live up to my expectations anyway (they filled it up with that gobbledly gook language ~Ip sor lodem~ instead of taking the time to explain how and why),  I'm going to go fresh and follow along on a YouTube how to video I discovered (that actually made some sense without coming up short) and go from there.
Thanx again,
Strat