News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How To: Show regular price with strike though.

Started by Parsimonious, February 02, 2013, 19:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsimonious

I have seen a number of people trying to get the base price to show in the front end when they have applied a discount so a customer can see the original price and the lower sale price. They are usually told baseprice is for administrator only please use baseprice plus tax. But this does not work for many of us. If like us you create your tax rules using Tax Per Bill, than using baseprice plus tax will show nothing.

I have found a fix that worked for us. Create a calculation rule Tax per product +%, set the value to 0 and apply it to everything in your shop. You should now see baseprice plus tax with a strike through where ever a discount has been applied. I have not tested this with every possible configuration, but for us it at least works with price modifier before tax -% and with overrides done within each product (we used "overwrite price to be taxed").

Hopefully this will help some people out.

nickwiebe

Thank you!  Where the heck is the detailed manual for VM2?  thanks again, this worked!

druon

I think that post is realy important. That function in ecommerce is realy important.

Please, somebody who knows how to will be done to explain.

If that function is not integrated, let be integrated.

VM is one of the best ecommerce, but some time is like a mercedes without options for ashtray or back mirror.

druon

Quote from: Parsimonious on February 02, 2013, 19:40:57 PM

I have found a fix that worked for us. Create a calculation rule Tax per product +%, set the value to 0 and apply it to everything in your shop. You should now see baseprice plus tax with a strike through where ever a discount has been applied. I have not tested this with every possible configuration, but for us it at least works with price modifier before tax -% and with overrides done within each product (we used "overwrite price to be taxed").

Hopefully this will help some people out.

Thanks for it.

Price Configuration - Show Following Prices

Baseprice modificator - YES
Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts - YES
Final salesprice - YES