News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Please explain "Default order status to send an invoice"

Started by ralfeez, July 03, 2013, 15:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralfeez

I am very confused on how the default order statuses work. I was attempting to stop emails coming in when an order was changed to 'Shipped'. I assumed that if I selected (configuration/checkout) all default order statuses except for Shipped, then I would get all of the emails except that one. I was wrong. Now I can't delete the selections in the area that was previously blank. How does this work? I don't see any documentation at all.
Thank you,
Ralph

AH

This functionality is changing in the next update to allow you to chose the order statuses that will notify

a) the vendor
b) the customer

This allows you to reduce the number of notificatin e-mails that the vendor/customer receives automatically through the system

In addition the status at which an invoice is created and sent is part of this configuration

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ralfeez

Thank you for that, but in the current version how is it supposed to work. I am working on a live website that can't wait for the next release unless it is coming this week. Also, I get the feeling that I have probably misconfigured it now that I have changed settings.

Thank you,
Ralph

ralfeez

Does anyone know how the Default Order Status works when controlling emails that are sent?

ralfeez

Hmmm interesting...so out of the entire Virtuemart community, no one really knows how the default order status works?

jenkinhill

Hey, this is not live chat. It is a forum, running though different time zones, and the person who may be able to give an answer may only read the forum once aweek or even less often. Please see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ralfeez

I did not mean to offend anyone. I can see how many people are online at one time, and I can also see how many people visited the subject. This just surprised me. I actually thought that this may have been a simple question. Don't take offense to my prior comments Kelvyn. Do you have any idea how it works?

AH

Ralfeez

If you read some of the other prior threads on e-mails to vendors you may see that you will have to wait for the update to solve it
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

As described here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116887.msg394396#msg394396  it is configurable in the next release, have a look at http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115877.0   - try it on a backup copoy of your site, as the more people who test it, the quicker will be the release.

The interim solution is to use filters on your mailserver or mail client to screen out the status update messages.

As for the numbers of people on-line in this forum, most of them are just reading. Only a very small percentage of forum members ever post anything.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ralfeez

I am not sure that the point of my question is getting through. I cannot find any documentation on this section. I can figure out a work around on my own, if one is not currently available. I really truly want to know how it is supposed to work. With my setup, when the Default order Status was blank, it worked perfectly. When I tried to put entries in the field, in an attempt to stop the Shipped email, it has basically ruined everything. Now the emails are sporadic, at best. I cannot empty the field again.
The bottom line is, if I knew how it was intended to function, then I could find out what needs to be done to make it work for me.

Thank you for any input that you may have given. I am sure that someone will be able to give me some insight on the proper functioning of this field.
Ralph

AH

Your point is getting through.

Unfortunately, I am on the newest version and am unable to review your issue.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ralfeez

The version that I am discussing is Joomla 2.5.11 and VM 2.0.20b

Thank you,
Ralph

jenkinhill

I'm on 2.0.21H and testing 2.0.22 pre-release version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ralfeez

So, now that everyone has had a chance to read this. Do you have any input? I hate to deconstruct the code just to try and find out how it works. I am sure that a developer that wrote the code knows the intention. I am also sure that someone must be using it successfully otherwise the bug list would be full of requests for fixes. Any hints will help. It would be great for me to get this fixed.
Thank you,
Ralph

jenkinhill

Quote from: ralfeez on July 03, 2013, 15:50:38 PMNow I can't delete the selections in the area that was previously blank.

I guess tells us that there is something wrong with your inatsllation, maybe a JavaScript issue. You could maybe fix the selecteion direct in the database - can't be sure as yours is the only description of this issue, ever.

But now VM2.0.22 is released at last with the improved email/invoicing selectors so maybe give that a spin - on a backup copy of the site, of course.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK