News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Products by "sort", sku number and category view

Started by piru, May 24, 2013, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piru

I have 3 Questions:

1) In the Category Listing I see all categories, but I see under the categories the products too. How can I make if I want to see only the categories, without products? I want to see the products when I click the category
2) I want to sort the products by "sort", I can make this in the properties for products sort, but I can not write a sort number in the product. In the category there is a field "sort" (I think in english is sort), and I can sort the categories by "sort", it works. How can I give a sort number to the products?
3) I want to show the product number (sku) in the product listing and in the product details, can I check it somewhere? Or I have to change the code like this:
components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default.php  <?php echo $this->product->product_sku.' - '; ?>
components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php  <?php echo JHTML::link($product->link$product->product_name).' - '.$product->product_sku?>

Thanks!

Joomla 2.5.11
VM 2.0.20b

piru

I just change my language and can explaine better the punkt 2)

2) In Product Sort Order Settings - Default product sort order I want to use "Ordering". But I have not a column "ordering" by products, to write an order number. In categories there is not a problem, there is a column "ordering"

piru

jenkinhill

People don't often get answered when they as more than one question at a time.

1. You mean in the front end? Then it is a template issue, ask in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=130.0 
People need a url to see what the problem is.

2. You can't enter a number, but in the new version under final testing you can drag and drop categories and products to re-order them. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115877.0

3. Again a templating problem as you need to make template overrides containing the SKU display code (eg <?php echo $this->product->product_sku ?> )
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

piru

I´m sorry, I thought is better and don´t open a lot o toppics, now I know this  :)
Thank you for your answers