News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

stock level does not show vm2.06/j2.5.4

Started by michalis, May 07, 2012, 18:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michalis

hello,

in the virtuemart tools->shop->shopfront the display stock level option is enabled, but I do not see the stock level anywhere in the front end.

just for extra information, the store is basically one page that displays featured items

does someone know what I can do to show stock levels to customers?

John2400

michalis,

Hi That feature does not display the stock levels -(On the front page.)

* so if you have a product that is featured and then appears on the front page then it will not show the stock levels on the front page.

So you have done nothing wrong it just does not show until you go to the next level or click on the product.

* maybe that is a feature that you would like to request - then please add this to the request post section.

I had not noticed before

(Idea ? to get the products on the front page then add all your featured products to a "special category" then publish that category products (section) as your front page? they should show then. A little more work I know.

michalis

thank you for the reply, but when you click on the product description and are viewing the product, it still will not display stock level

here is a link to the front of the store, its in greek but its only one button to view product details

http://podosfairaki.com/eshop

John2400

I know that looks right,

the reason is that setting up your shop with the featured product on the front skips a step.

It looks odd but that setting is right.

It only shows the stock when in the category mode so you will have to put your featured products in the featured category and then publish that page as the front page.

I know that is a little more work.

There is an extension but : I cannot see that extension has the default to set stock in the featured, or product display page.

One small item: ensure that in configuration >> Action when a Product is Out of Stock
>>you have ticked>>notify me>> If you have no special action it might not show up.

michalis

hello, I appreciate the response

I apologize for taking so long to reply, creating a website takes a lot of work and I can barely keep up with all the bugs that keep popping up

I tried your advice to put my products in a category and set that category as the main page, but couldnt do it, how do I make a category my main page?

michalis

finally managed to do it

feeling stupid as ever, cant even do the simple things

thanks for the help john

Genius WebDesign

Hi,

I would really want to be able to add/modify the code in the "mod_virtuemart_product/default.php" file so that the  class="stock-level" is whown..

This is how the code looks like in my category/default.php file: (and it's perfect)

<?php if (!VmConfig::get('use_as_catalog')){?>
                  <div class="paddingtop8">
                     <span class="stock-level"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCK_LEVEL_DISPLAY_TITLE_TIP') ?></span>
                     <span class="vmicon vm2-<?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?>" title="<?php echo $product->stock->stock_tip ?>"></span>

</div>
                  <br class="clear" />
                  <?php }?>

I have tried to simply add this code to the "mod_virtuemart_product/default.php" file in different ways but I never managed to make it work..
Is this really not possible?

nerfmarius

Hi, I have got this to work in a product module, VM 2.0.20b

<?php

if ($product->product_in_stock > 0) {
                     $product_in_stock = "normalstock";
                     $in_stock_tip = JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCK_LEVEL_DISPLAY_NORMAL_TIP');
                  }
                  else {
                     $product_in_stock = "nostock";
                     $in_stock_tip = JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCK_LEVEL_DISPLAY_OUT_TIP');
                  }
                  if ( VmConfig::get ('display_stock', 1)) { ?>

<div class="stock-level paddingtop8">
                     <span class="vm2-<?php echo $product_in_stock ?>" title="">
                        <span><?php echo $in_stock_tip ?></span>
                     </span>

</div>
               <?php } ?>

might help someone :)