News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

CSS Layouty issue after updating

Started by skoobi, March 23, 2013, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoobi

Hi im not sure quite whats happened but after updating to vm 2.0.20 the products and product categories have suddenly bunched up together!!! What do i need to look at to get this solved???
Any help would be grateful

Many Thanks
Chris

PRO

skoobi

Many thanks for your response its been such a long time since ive done anything with virtuemart and so much has changed.
Ive done what it said in the post about coping the default.php to the template folder and so on but its still the same and i cant figure out whats wrong!!!

Ill keep on it through tomorrow but i may have no hair left lol...

Cheers

PRO

because if you made changes to the original file.

THEN updated, it gets overwritten

did you modify the original css & files?

skoobi

I had modified the css but i only added a dashed line along the bottom to break the products and categories up.. Is there a way to sort it out without starting again??? Ive tried to uninstall vm but that broke the site (good job i backup) and ive tried the solution in the post but nothing seems to work...

PRO

yes its fixable,

what do you want to do?

you have not given examples, or a link to your site

if you want to use your own css file, you have to turn OFF the vmart css

skoobi

Hi sorry heres a link to the products page..
www.needapage.co.uk/projects/hysolv-new/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=categories&virtuemart_category_id=0&Itemid=135

At the moment i just need to get it back so its working. Ive turned off the use vmcss but nothing happened!!!

PRO

skoobi

What if i want to use the default template? If i turn on the vmcss it doesnt do anything. It should be a clean install of VM now...

skoobi

Quick update... I uninstalled VM then re-insalled it but still the same!!! Surely if its a new install it should come with a default template?

PRO

I do not see the css loading

if it were loaded, it would be easy to tell whats going on when examining with firebug