News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

no price in shopping cart

Started by Fnorb, December 10, 2012, 12:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnorb

Hi.

The problem is as follows: if I put some items in the shopping cart, it at first seems to work. I get a message that the item was put into the cart, and I see the item and what it costs in the tiny view of the shopping cart, that I placed above the products.

Now if I want to see the large view of the shopping cart, then I don't see any price there. Neither on the table next to every single item, nor at the bottom of the table where it's supposed to be summed up. In the tiny version of the cart above the detailed display, I still see the price. For some reason, "$prow->salesPrice" seems to be empty. I don't get any javascript errors or something, so I don't know what's not working there.

Thanks for any help.

bytelord

Hi,

First forgot to mention your joomla, virtuemart2 and PHP versions. Also did you try without template overrides? Any live url? Any third party cart plugins components? Your backend prices configuration ...?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Fnorb

Hi.

Versions
Joomla: 2.5.7
PHP: 5.3.8
VM:  2.0.10

In the backend, I have set it to display the product price and product list in the shopping cart. I do see the item in the list, and all information is there, except the price (which can be seen in the tiny version of the cart though). There are no third party cart plugins installed I think. My coworker has set the stuff up, so I don't know about any template overrides either. I got the version of the website with the shop just locally here, using XAMPP.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Since the price shows up in the tiny shopping cart view, it should be saved somewhere. But obviously not where the detailed list tries to get the information of. Hmm hmm...

bytelord

Hi,

To try without template overrides just rename the folder under com_virtuemart joomla_root/templates/your_joomla_template/html/com_virtuemart  to something else so your overrides will not take place.

Please do that, clean your cache and try again. Also please under cofiguration -> Pricing enable all prices and also Show Tax in Cart to verify that.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Fnorb

Ah, now it works. It was set incorrectly in the backend. Thanks for the help.

Edit: no it doesn't. I thought it was just the backend, but it's the folder. When I rename it, then the layout is screwed up, but the prices are displayed. When I give it its original name, then I see no prices, but the layout works.

hobbyholo

Hello bytelord,

I have the same issue here. If I rename the folder everything works fine.

But I loose the template setings...

Can you help me on how to solve this please?

Thank you
HorĂ¡cio

www.valpalmelabirds.com

Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.18a
PHP: 5.3.13