News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Register during Checkout not working

Started by Thomas Kampp, January 24, 2013, 19:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Kampp

How to let the user register during checkout?

As seen on the VM demo:
       http://demo.virtuemart.net/index.php/2012-01-13-09-33-20/account-maintenance/editaddresscheckoutBT
it should be possible to have the form associated with:
       "Please use Register And Checkout to easily get access to your order history, or use Checkout as Guest"

But no matter setting changes it does not work!

I have confirmed that it does not work it English version is used.

In the VM configuration, tab "Checkout" I have the following:
"On checkout, ask for registration" YES
"Only registered users can checkout" YES

Joomla user configuration (under User manager) I have the following:
"Allow User Registration" YES
"New User Account Activation" NONE

Setup: Joomla 2.5.6, VM 2.0.14

Please help!
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

Thomas Kampp

Can anyone get this to work on there site? What versions do you have? What are your settings?

Please help!

jenkinhill

My sites are English only. On this example I allow guest checkout, so my settings are those below. If I require full registration of shpooers then I also enable "Only registered users can checkout "

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Thomas Kampp

Am I understanding you right - you have the same settings as I do and it works on your installation?
Does this include Joomla user configuration?

jenkinhill

Yes, the top image is the Joomla user options. I have never had a registration problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Thomas Kampp

Can you speculate why I dont get the same result with the same settings?

I have tested the following:
  • It is not a language issue.
  • It is not a template issue.
  • It is not a Virtuemart template override issue.
  • It is not a Joomla issue (just upgraded to 2.5.8 from 2.5.6).
  • It is not en environment issue as it has been tested on both host and localhost.
  • It is not Virtuemart - I have made a complete install/update to the newest version.
  • It is not Virtuemart AIO extenstions - I have made a complete install/update to the newest version.
  • It does not seem to be a configuration issue as we have the same settings, and I have tried turning things on/off (and in different orders).

I then tested a completely fresh install of Virtumart 2.0.16 and the AIO extension on a Joomla 2.5.8 (with only default english language and default template beez5), and it DID NOT work either!
After fiddeling around with some things I got it to work. It seems to be connected to the choice of template used in the Virtuemart Configuration. So by choosing another and reverting back to the previous correct choice it then seems to work. This is not confirmed.
I then did the same for the live site, and it did NOT work... But it did work as soon as SEF URL's in Joomla was deactivated. The problem is that if SEF URL's is deactivated the Virtuemart login module does not allow the user to log in!

Stonedfury

Joomla 2.5.9 Virtuemart 2.0.18a
I have been getting calls from customers who have an item in their cart and go to add/edit billing, which of course has at the bottom "Register and Checkout" "Check out as Guest" "Cancel" When the user puts in their information and clicks any of the first 2 buttons it refreshes the page with some bogus error(sometimes).

What I noticed was the user is now logged in. Hmm Click "Cancel" now and it returns you to the cart with your address there and logged in. Why did it not return to the cart when the first 2 were selected. I disable the SEF (which sucks to do) and it seems to refresh properly. The template people are not too friendly in helping fix a VM feature. So here I am.

Any ideas? I can't run the site without SEF as google has the pages all indexed as SEF, DOH. Cant have buyers if they can't, easily, move forward without having to "figure" it out.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on February 08, 2013, 23:44:46 PM
I have been getting calls from customers who have an item in their cart and go to add/edit billing, which of course has at the bottom "Register and Checkout" "Check out as Guest" "Cancel" When the user puts in their information and clicks any of the first 2 buttons it refreshes the page with some bogus error(sometimes).

What I noticed was the user is now logged in. Hmm Click "Cancel" now and it returns you to the cart with your address there and logged in. Why did it not return to the cart when the first 2 were selected. I disable the SEF (which sucks to do) and it seems to refresh properly. The template people are not too friendly in helping fix a VM feature. So here I am.

Any ideas? I can't run the site without SEF as google has the pages all indexed as SEF, DOH. Cant have buyers if they can't, easily, move forward without having to "figure" it out.

if disabling sef fixes the problem

There could be a problem with your htaccess file

OR if you are using a 3rd party sef component, could be a problem with it.

I dont have this problem either,

also "other" system plugins can cause problems.

I had problems with system plugins I created for my site causing errors with vmart "views" especially on forms.

IF you have a 3rd part sef component, it can easily create problems with "forms" etc.

Stonedfury

Quote from: PRO on February 10, 2013, 19:48:28 PM

I had problems with system plugins I created for my site causing errors with vmart "views" especially on forms.

IF you have a 3rd part sef component, it can easily create problems with "forms" etc.

I have disabled it down to a raw site (which is not easy on a live site) and still had the problem. Used no .htaccess, still had the problem. I can't do a fresh install as this is a live site with over 2k customers registered. At this point I have completely disabled the Joomla SEF plugin and the site seems to have no issues on check out now, however it has messed up JCE Image links, and other things that are hopefully easily fixed. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112806.0 shows that it's not just me and there are at least 5 other topics on this around the board. I doubt I am alone. From what I gather in post it is VM trying to tell JM it knows best on SEF and they don't like to play well together. I thought the VM team would of considered this at the gates.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

PRO

Quote from: Stonedfury on February 10, 2013, 21:55:42 PM
Quote from: PRO on February 10, 2013, 19:48:28 PM

I have disabled it down to a raw site (which is not easy on a live site) and still had the problem. Used no .htaccess, still had the problem. I can't do a fresh install as this is a live site with over 2k customers registered. At this point I have completely disabled the Joomla SEF plugin and the site seems to have no issues on check out now, however it has messed up JCE Image links, and other things that are hopefully easily fixed. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112806.0 shows that it's not just me and there are at least 5 other topics on this around the board. I doubt I am alone. From what I gather in post it is VM trying to tell JM it knows best on SEF and they don't like to play well together. I thought the VM team would of considered this at the gates.

what is the site url?

are you using template overrides?

Stonedfury

www.pollenranch.com and the template does use overrides. However, when I switch back to stock template and as I said in previous post turn off everything. The problem still persist until I disable Joomla SEF that is the only solution that has fixed the problem. I am asking on Joomla forum as well hoping they might know where virtuemart is going wrong. 

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=618&t=790328

GJC Web Design

is this fixed? - successfully registered and redirected to cart

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Stonedfury

Turns out it is a MVCOverride and VM javascript problem and I am now looking elsewhere for the solution. I had not even thought about the MVC as it was a part of my install however now that the light is shinning there I have to find out where the problem gets fixed. So for now, it is fixed. I just don't like the fix. It's either lose overrides, or loose sef lol

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

PJPJo

Thanks, Thomas,  it was a pain to register at checkout :\