News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field (customer input) problem

Started by monkeybutt, August 03, 2012, 01:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybutt

I have custom fields created using the plugin allowing users to enter custom text to be associated with a product (in this case youth sports registrations). The custom field labels all appear one after the other and then the input data. I was able to use CSS to have each appear on a new line by using Float: left but I need this to have the data appear right after the label with a line break after each.

Currently, it looks like the attached in the cart and even worse (no line breaks using float) in the order info. Which makes this difficult to sort through when adding participants to teams

I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6

Any  help would be VERY greatly appreciated so i can finish up this website

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Marco

as the name of this plugin for input text? where can I find it?

sakena

Quote from: Marco on August 30, 2012, 16:07:23 PM

I hope you managed a good effort
BabY GeaR

VernSouthern

Quote from: Marco on August 30, 2012, 16:07:23 PM

Product custom fields Plugin Customer Text Input

The Custom Field Plugin "Customer Text Input" is the same as "Custom Attributes" in VM1.

This plugin allows customers to specify their own value, like for asking for the name to engrave a product.

How to do it?
1. Go in Products > Custom Fields, and click on the "New" button
2. As Custom Field Type, select "Plugin"
3. At the bottom of the page, the list of available plugins are displayed. Choose "Customer Text Input"
4. The fields available for this plugin are displayed. Fill the Name, size of the text input, and select Yes or No for the price per letter.
5. Set the parameter "Cart Attribute" to "Yes" , so the input given by the customer will be added in the cart.
6. Go in the Products > Products, and click on the product you whish to add this custom field
7. Go on the Custom Field tab, and in the Custom Field Type area, select the custom Field you just created. The custom field is automatically added; Fill in the value.
8. Save your product
Did you ever get the feeling that the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?