News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No Shop Currency defined! Contact the administrator...

Started by spyderwebdesign, November 04, 2012, 21:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

Why am I still getting this error message on both the front and backends?

I have filled in the address of the three Vendors and the default currency for each one.

I have attached a screen shot of my shopper list as well as the details for my main vendor with the lowest ID number.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

spyderwebdesign

45 reads and 2 weeks has gone by and nobody seems to know why my site says no currency is defined when the currency is in fact defined. Can a VM dev perhaps help me out since the community doesn't have an answer? I still can't figure this out.

bytelord

Hello,

As i see on the screenshots, is that 2.0.6 version?
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

spyderwebdesign

Yes this is from 2.0.6 and I cannot upgrade to 2.0.14 because of the large number of hacks that have been done to fix bugs in the 2.0.6 version of virtuemart. In addition, I hired a 3rd party company to do some tasks on this site; however I do not know what files / coding they had change. Therefore, I am stuck with this version. I just need to the currency to work again and then test the vendor email when an order is placed. Once those two features are confirmed working the site should be ready for launch.

I am building a 2nd version of this site in 2.0.14 to see if the bugs / hacks from 2.0.6 but am having an issue with getting multivendor shipping to work out of the box. In 2.0.6 a 3rd party company had gotten it to somewhat work, but not in the idea way.

bytelord

Hello,

You could easy download the original version from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files, extract the whole source files and compare them using a code/text compare tool (like notepad++) and you will find easily all the core hacks and modifications have been made to the code. It is not easy someone to help you because none have 2.0.6 installation to verify that. Multivendor haven't completed in 2.0.6 ... 2.0.12 have is a more stable version.

Change your users to vendors using phpmyadmin: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106345.msg354883#msg354883

Regards

spyderwebdesign

If you look at the attached image shoppers.png you will see my vendors are already setup. Are you suggesting that even though they are listed as vendors in the VM Admin, that they might not really be vendors in the database?

bytelord

spyderwebdesign

The vendors appear to be set in the DB. Even the currency is defined even though the VM admin says it is not.

bytelord

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 13, 2012, 16:59:44 PM
Are you logged in as Vendor? Usually this will initially be set as the first superadmin registered in Joomla.

To check if you are vendor go to VM Configuration/Shop and set "Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)"  to "administrated multivendor"  Then go to Orders & Shppers/Shoppers. You should see a green tick in the Vendor column against the admin user. If there is no tick then try setting the admion user as vendor.

Once done, turn off Enable Multivendor.

If that does not work use phpMyAdmin to check table virtuemart_vmusers. The Vendor should have a "1" in both virtuemart_vendor_id AND user_is_vendor - no other user should have virtuemart_vendor_id=1. You can use this table to change the vendor if necessary.

bytelord

btw,

As i told you before multivendor is not working in 2.0.6 ... because wasn't ready.

Regards

spyderwebdesign

It was working fine for a while, then I was cleaning up my users and I was renaming the first super admin to be the primary store account. I had it originally set to my info before I knew VM based the shop info off of it.

bytelord

Check this using phpmyadmin, did you?

QuoteIf that does not work use phpMyAdmin to check table virtuemart_vmusers. The Vendor should have a "1" in both virtuemart_vendor_id AND user_is_vendor - no other user should have virtuemart_vendor_id=1. You can use this table to change the vendor if necessary.

spyderwebdesign

I even tried removing all the other vendors so that there is only a single vendor listed.

spyderwebdesign

Only a single user has the 1 in the user_is_vendor field

spyderwebdesign

I think I see the error based off your directions. I am changing a value now.