News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What version am I on & Where is the Advanced Search According to Paramaters?

Started by jsinger777, October 23, 2012, 21:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsinger777

I need to know what version of VirtueMart I am on. Where do I look within Joomla? I saw this answer but it makes no sense to me: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99200.0

Also, I have scoured the forums and documentation, and I still cannot find where to turn on Advanced Search According to Paramaters so that I can do this: http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/Product_Types.html#N21068

First, the documentation talks about Product TYPES which are no longer around, and then it talks about the VirtueMart Module, which is renamed according to another forum post and I STILL can't find the setting in that spot either.

Please help. I am new to VirtueMart but not to e-Commerce cart systems, this documentation and forum seem very outdated and not helpful so far. So hopefully someone in the community here will help me out and make my day :) Thank you!

jenkinhill

If you go the the VirtueMart component admin screen, if in the lower left corner you see a button like in the image here then you are on VirtueMart 2.0.x - it should show the actual version. If on VirtueMart 1.1 there will not be a button, but the text will say something like Your Version VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable (which is the old, no longer supported version).

The manual you refer to is for the old 1.1 version (there are still a lot of old sites with 1.1 who may need access to the manual). For VirtueMart 2 the documentation currently available is in the Wiki  accessed from http://virtuemart.net/home/manuals - there you will also find a link to the beginner manual, Official English VirtueMart 2 User Manual

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jsinger777

Thanks so much. I did see that button on the left but the wording of it sounded like you would UPDATE to that version.

I'm officially on 2.0.10, so that explains it.

I scoured the resources now for an hour and still find no trace of what used to be called "Advanced Search According to Parameters". What I need is simply and advanced search page that allows users to enter one of three search fields. Seems easy enough and version 1 referenced it in my link above. Can someone point me in the right direction?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jsinger777

This was very helpful, thanks.

The first option does not let me purchase (website broken) so that scares me.

The second option (AJAX) is one we already have and is not working. I see other complaints about it here in the forum.

So I have decided on the third one. I will post my results here so I can help others.

Thanks again!