News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Broken category Page view

Started by robert, October 17, 2012, 00:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

Ive been reading the forums and I think I may have run across the issue but I am still unclear about the cause or how to resolve it.

Ive read a few other posts and have tried the solutions but neither have helped.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97467.msg321176#msg321176
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

Ive seemed to have narrowed the problem file down to components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

---------------------

The problem I am having is when I click at category I get the following results...

<div class="category_description">
<p>category description text</p> </div>
<div class="browse-view">

<div class="orderby-displaynumber">
<div class="width70 floatleft">
<div class="orderlistcontainer"><div class="title">Sort by</div><div class="activeOrder"><a title=" +/-" href="/path/orderDesc.html">Product Name  +/-</a></div><div class="orderlist"><div><a title="Category" href="/path/by,category_name.html">Category</a></div><div><a title="Manufacturer name" href="/path/by,mf_name.html">Manufacturer name</a></div></div></div> <div class="orderlistcontainer"><div class="title">Manufacturer: </div><div class="Order"> Manufacturer</div><div class="orderlist"></div></div><div class="clear"></div> </div>
<div class="width30 floatright display-number">
Results 1 - 3 of 3<br/><select name="" id="" class="inputbox" size="1" onchange="window.top.location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value"><option value="/shop-online-buy-gear-now/body-armor/results,1-1.html" >1</option><option value="/shop-online-buy-gear-now/body-armor/results,1-2.html" >2</option><option value="/path/results,1-3.html" >3</option><option value="/path/results,1-4.html" >4</option><option value="/path/results,1-10.html"  selected="selected">10</option><option value="/path/results,1-20.html" >20</option></select></div>
<div class="vm-pagination">

Ive removed the following code from the file and the page loads the items in the category - BUT it does not load the correct css or site template info

<?php echo $this->orderByList['orderby']; ?>
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer']; ?>
</div>
<div class="width30 floatright display-number"><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getResultsCounter();?><br/><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getLimitBox(); ?></div>
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesLinks(); ?>
<span style="float:right"><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesCounter(); ?></span>
</div>

So with that said I am not sure how to proceed...

Does anyone know what the cause of this may be and how to fix it?

robert

Ive still been looking for a solution and have not found anything.

I also upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12b - but the problem still persists

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

PRO

robert, what's the problem? no link? no image for us to see?

Explain the problem.

robert

well first I cannot link to the site at the clients request

But I will do my best to describe the issue ( I thought I did above but I will try again)

everything is working fine EXCEPT for the page after a category link is clicked on.

If I create an empty category the page loads fine.

What I mean by fine is the page loads with the proper template selected in the config area of VM. When I add a product to the category the page loads (after I removed the above mentioned code) but it loads without any css or template info.

When I view source on the page "<div class="category_description">" is in RED so I am now thinking it may have something to do with a java class. Thats a complete guess though.

robert

to add to the above description of the problem...

I created a blank category and viewed the source - the categories with products will not load any of the <head> info and only loads everything after <div id="component" class="floatbox">

robert

could this have anything to do with the JCE editor?

Edit: I just turned off the JCE editor - cleared the cache and tried to relaod a category page and the issue still persists

robert

Im just not sure if its the category page or the actual product page that is causing the issue.

Since the Category page shows correctly without a product in the category - I suspect it's the actual product view page.

robert

Here are 2 images that might help explain - Ive had to blur out products at the clients request.

The first image shows what appears when you click a category link.

the second image shows what appears when you click an empty category link

[attachment cleanup by admin]

robert

here is another image that shows the result of the components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

when this code is not removed
<?php echo $this->orderByList['orderby']; ?>
<?php echo $this->orderByList['manufacturer']; ?>
</div>
<div class="width30 floatright display-number"><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getResultsCounter();?><br/><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getLimitBox(); ?></div>
<?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesLinks(); ?>
<span style="float:right"><?php echo $this->vmPagination->getPagesCounter(); ?></span>
</div>

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

is virtuemart CSS loading?

are you using a template override? if so, disable it, and try

robert

I do have VM css loading - it loads fine for product pages

template override is set to default.

but I figured it out...

I re-uploaded all of the template files and everything is working now - there must have been a file that did not upload completely or was corrupt.

thankfully it is all working now

"PRO" I want to say thank you for even beginning to help me - I appreciate a community that helps those who support and use their software. AND for the record I really like the progress you guys are making with V2

thanks again!

bytelord

You could use akeeba backup to transfer your web site, it's easier and you are sure that all the files have been transferred.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!