Author Topic: NEW Plugin: UK Postcode Lookup/Checker  (Read 4463 times)

ecopure

• Beginner
NEW Plugin: UK Postcode Lookup/Checker
« on: May 30, 2011, 14:52:34 pm »
I have developed a new plugin to work with the craftyclicks.co.uk postcode lookup service.

See my official announcement in the DEV/CODING section of the forum:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=87138.msg285635#msg285635

AH

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.8.2
Re: NEW Plugin: UK Postcode Lookup/Checker
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:41 pm »
Thank goodness for this GREAT solution to UK postcode and Addresses, at last available for VM 1.1.8-1.1.9.  I have been looking for something that works well for a long time!

My site customers (mainly UK) mistyped postcodes and addresses leaving me having to clean up the mess with my couriers.

With this, I get a PAF (Postal Address Format) formatted address and save time on money on chasing up customers and couriers.

Easy to configure and greatly improves the Customer checkout experience.  Hopefully lowering cart abandonment rates.
Had a couple of queries and responses were within 1 hour of raising the query!!

I can even test this out with no upfront cost, you do of course have to pay a tiny amount for PAF lookup going forward but to me it is a small price to pay for less abandonments!

http://www.craftyclicks.co.uk/web-service/shopping-cart-plugins

Before you ask:-
I am NOT anything to do with this company, nor am I being paid for this post!! 
I just wanted to support service providers that actually provide a great service and hopefully keep them developing for Virtuemart!
regards
A

Joomla 3.9.18
php 7.3

craftyclicks

• Beginner
Re: NEW Plugin: UK Postcode Lookup/Checker
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 13:39:57 pm »
Here is an updated version of the module - thanks go to Hutson for extensive help with debugging and fixing.

[attachment cleanup by admin]