News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Joomla 2.5.6 VirtueMart 2.0.10] Problem with language change

Started by ana127, September 03, 2012, 22:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ana127

Hi!  ;)
I have a problem with language change in Virtuamart 2.0.10. I installed my language on joomla (2.5.6), installed Virtuemart and 2 language files from official site (com_virtuemart 2.0.10 and then 2.0.10_ext_aio)
Frontend and Backend joomla language are set to my language.

In virtuemart configuration->configuration->shop) in  multilanguage i've chosen my language

Theoretically it should be working  Do you have any ideas what else can i do?

Thanks in advance!  :)

jjk

Sounds like you didn't configure the Joomla language switcher yet or missed something else in the Joomla multilanguage setup. See here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104901.0
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ana127

Thanks for answer.

I don't want to have 2 languages to choose. i want to have my language (i don't need english, because i just need to make shop for my country customers) And i got everything in my language except for Virtuemart control panel and Virtuemart modules on site

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

ana127

Solved.

Mods can close the topic. There was an error in XML.

Thanks for your support!  :)

wpompen

How did you fix this? I'm struggling with this at the moment :-(

KEIII

Quote from: wpompen on September 09, 2012, 15:28:05 PM
How did you fix this? I'm struggling with this at the moment :-(
You can just extract file from admin_xx-XX.zip to /administrator/language/xx-XX folder and site_xx-XX.zip to /language/xx-XX

liyufangsun

I still failed, struggling with this the whole afternoon!

I succeeded in installing the VirtueMart 2.0.10; and then I download the zip file "com_virtuemart.2.0.10_languages_extract_first.zip", and then I choose "com_virtuemart_zh-CN.zip" to install.

After I install the Chinese languages pack, it shows"This zh-CN language pack for VirtueMart has been installed successfully. It includes files for the component, modules, and plugins. Some languages may not have all the files."

The problem is that VirtueMart 2.0.10 shows still English, but not Chinese.

What is the problem?

Batas

hi!

I have the same problem. I'm struggling with norwegian language. Can anyone help, plz?
I've wasted the hole yesterday on that, but today I gave up. Have asked by template supplier, but still no idea how to move on further.
It's little frustrating when you have to stop at early beginning of launching of my first website...  :'(
thanx for help in advance!

Joomla 2.5.7
VM 2.0.10
localhost

ntggl19

I have the same problem, i install german language on joomla and virtuemart, when i change the language on joomla i see the Shopping cart on the right that is german and when i go to eshop to see my products i don't see any of my products...
any idea?
mc-trading.ch

micsj

Hi!

I had the same problem. This worked:
- extract the language file com_virtuemart_**-**.zip (**-** is your language code)
- extract site_**-**.zip and admin_**-**.zip
- with ftp copy the files from the site_**-**.zip into your joomla's language/**-** dir, and the files from admin_**-**.zip to your joomla's administrator/language/**-** dir

Sry for my bad english.... I hope this helped