News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Currency code and custom field problem

Started by studiofaber, August 20, 2012, 14:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiofaber

Hy everyone, im new on this forum and going trough some problems. Hope that someone has the solutions :)

Joomla version is 2.5.6
VM2 is 2.0.8e
template is Boutiqe - Gavick.com (Redshop is unistaled  ;D)

1) Because i'm from Croatia, it's logical that i use croatian currency. So i deleted everything else except Croatian kuna in Configuration -> Currencies and in Configuration -> Countries i have unpublished everything except Croatia. In Products -> Taxes & Calculation Rules i have entered my own rule for croatian tax (like in the picture)

After that, when i created an article ... only got an error (like in the picture)

After that, in configuration - Shop -> Shop i entered every information that i could have find that relates to croatia but nothing... is there a simple solution for this?

2) Another problem is with Custom fields. Setup can be seen on the next tree pictures

First thing, how to save 100g,200g,450g and 900g and to hide prices - i don't want prices to be seen but still want to change my product price when i click on that attribute.
Second, something isn't right with calculations in that custom fields or im doing something wrong? So i have four types of packaging and four different prices. Default is 100g and the price is correct on that, but if i take anyother type of packaging, the price will be near the total amount, but not the right one? why?  :o
Third, then i click on a cart with different types of packages selected, i get a total of negative?!? :-\ 

Please help  :)

isaac89

Well well, this is a problem that I encountered. I am looking for a help. I hope someone will give us an experience.

SPAM link -SPAM link -Mekong Douce Mekong Cruise

studiofaber

While we are waiting for help ... i'll try tonight and do something myself  8)

While going trough some forums i found out that this problem with currencies and currency formatting is becoming a problem when you delete all currencies except the one you want (what wasn't a problem in vm1).

I'll intall a whole new web site with that same template on localhost and transfer parts of database in the "old" one and see what happens.

Maybe there is someone on this forum who has that part of the database (for currencies) and just send sql backup file for it so i can populate what i have been erased?

And for the part with the wrong final product price when adding custom fields ... i added comma and not point before the last two decimals (like i should). When i used point, all prices were correct.

For the negative prices, i have no solution ... for now

studiofaber

Well, i was right. Erasing every curency except my own was TOTALLY WRONG  :o

I re-populated table for virtuemart currencies trough PHPmyadmin,  changed some options where my currency needs to be changed and that is it.

So, i have only one more problem left and that is those negative values. Please ... someone ...

studiofaber

I have resolved an issue with weird and negative values. So everything that needed to be done was delete everything in tax and discount (except my own settings).

Only one more question has left hanging and that is something that can't be done trough VM settings.

I want to be able to hide all prices in custom fields / article attributes. Is that even possible? Maybe an override of some kind!? Javascript fix?

I am getting the feeling that i am talking to myself on this forum  ;D :o