News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Guests still required to log in

Started by wemblystiggs, August 10, 2012, 13:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wemblystiggs

Hi, We created some account pages to show registered users their order history and allow them to update their info etc, however, Since we have enabled this option it now requires everyone to log in if they want to add a billing or shipping address or proceed down the check out process.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong

VM 2.0.6 and Joomla 2.5

Thanks!

John2400

Please post an image of a typical product and the settings Just the "product information" part - any product.
Also you configuration "checkout" page .

* also Just check in configuration that you have not ticked _"only registered users can Purchase"

This might help us help you. - a start

bytelord

Hello,

This is a joomla function to show your menu items only for registered user and in your case you "lock" some vm functionality only for registered users. You can make a simple thing to avoid that and i am sure will work.

Under joomla menu system make a new menu (perhaps under the menu you want or vm homepage menuitem) give a title and select access only for  registered users .. then make submenu items with public access. I give you an example:

--> Menu item User Options              [Registered Access]
              --> Sub menu  Your account        [Public Access]
              --> Sub menu view orders           [Public Access]
              --> Sub menu edit address          [Public Access]

So, when a user login only then the above menu item with submenu with be shown, if a non registered user access the site he can't see the entire menu and also you don't place access rules to VM functionality.

Hope helps you out.

Regards,

Bytelord
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!