News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Countries translation

Started by hofitd, July 31, 2012, 16:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alatak

Hello,

we have changed something. You will not need to update the database.

The states translatable?
why should they be?
They are in the original language already (In greek for grece)

hofitd

Hi

I already updates the DB..

what do you mean? Is there already an ini file for the states?

alatak

Hello,

If you have updates the database, sorry then, we found a better solution that did not need the update.
You can find the correct query in the file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/install_required_data.sql
to put back the old data. look at the query for the #__virtuemart_countries.

Concerning the states, i was just wondering if there was any need for that. But may be there is one.

I fear that for the states, it need the help from greek people to solve, because some states code are at the moment in the original language like for the greek states code.  example: ΜΕΣ.
I guess that in Greece, the also have states code with non greek letters? i don't know.
The russian states code are ok.

Concerning the translation, there are 2 issues that we have not fixed yet. We wil do it for another release: states and currency.

Currency  will be easy to solve.

hofitd

Well, I don't know about grece..

In israel we have israel, Gaza strip and other (or something like that) - so it's ridiculous  to write the country name "israel" in hebrew but the states are still in english...

alatak

Hello,

Yes you are right,

but at the moment you don't have in the db the israel states?
You have done it manually probably. You could have entered them in Isrealian?

But ok, i will do it, but not for the next release.

hofitd

Israelian? :-)
Hebrew..

If I change it in the DB will it change it in any language or just in hebrew?

alatak

hello,

oops sorry, ofc hebrew :)

hofitd

:-)
so what about...?

Quote from: hofitd on August 09, 2012, 11:07:22 AM

If I change it in the DB will it change it in any language or just in hebrew?

alatak

Hello

If you change the state table , and write the states name in hebrew, they will be displayed in hebrew :)

hofitd

in all languages?

If it's a multilingual site what will happen?

alatak

No, as i said previously at the moment the states are not translatable. This will be done for another release.

iMonkeys

For those looking for dutch translation of the countries ini-file; take a look at this topic:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107254.0

alatak

Hello,

Ok , I have added the file.

Dakure

Hi, I can not translate the countries...

I am under 2.0.14 ... joomla 2.5.8

I uploaded en-GB.com_virtuemart_countries.ini and es-ES.com_virtuemart_countries.ini in my case.

I translated also xxx_virtuemart_countries table and still I don t have the word "Spain" in the correct language.

I checked all the languages files ( also from administrator ). Checked all the database allready... Edited the Info from the country in virtuemart backend also ...

I need to change somehting else to get the translation? or how to make the ini files to work please?

thanks

jjk

You should not translate the xxx_virtuemart_countries table. I would suggest to install the original one again. Your versions are pretty old already. As far as I remember, there was no es-ES.com_virtuemart_countries.ini supplied with version 2.0.14. Perhaps you should consider to update to latest versions of Joomla 2.5.11 and VirtueMart 2.0.20b. I recently uploaded a spanish language file including translated countries here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115198.msg388154#msg388154
Basically this language pack is for 2.0.16, but it's still ok for 2.0.20b.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations