News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

(Solved) VM 2.0.8c not displayed under Admin Components Menu after Install

Started by ITWorksSoftware, July 09, 2012, 20:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITWorksSoftware

Hi,

I installed VM 2.0.8.c  in Joomla 2.5.6 and  PHP v5.2.17  and it is not displayed under the Administration control panel anywhere or under the Components menu.  All I see is the "Virtuemart aio" (all in one link), but no Virtuemart store link appears under Components so there is no way to access the store settings.

I first installed the Virtue Mart store files (com_virtuemart.2.0.8c.zip). Below are the results:

* Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_products_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_categories_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_manufacturers_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_manufacturercategories_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_paymentmethods_en_gb
                     * Info: created table xxx_virtuemart_shipmentmethods_en_gb
                     * Info: Taking config from file
                     Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vmfiles/, use this link to the config

- added folder for Safe Path as suggested.

- Then I installed the second file (aio) VirtueMart ALL-IN-ONE (com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_ext_aio.zip) with the following results...

* com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_payment_plg_standard"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_payment_plg_payzen"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_payment_plg_systempay"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_payment_plg_authorizenet"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_custom_plg_textinput"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_custom_plg_specification"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_custom_plg_stockable"
                     * com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: SHOW TABLES LIKE "%virtuemart_arch_plg_virtuemart"
                     * Installing component was successful.
                     VirtueMart2 modules moved to the joomla modules folder
                     VirtueMart2 language moved to the joomla language FE folder
                     VirtueMart2 language moved to the joomla language BE folder
                     VirtueMart2 pdf moved to the joomla libraries folder
                     Installing Virtuemart Plugins and modules Success.
                     You may directly uninstall this component. Your plugins will remain
                     Ignore the message Error building Admin Menus

No real errors were reported and everything seemed fine, but there is no way to access the store settings since there is no VirtueMart link under the Components menu in the admin backend.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I tried running the installation again for the store files (the first file) and still no VirtueMart link under components.  The only one there is the virtuemart_aio.   

Thanks for any help you can give me.

ITWorksSoftware

Ok, so I found the solution to this problem by reading this post:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102736.msg341370#msg341370

In my case, I have XMap installed so this fixed it for me:

Log in to the back end, components menu, Xmap, Extensions tab: Xmap - Virtuemart Plugin <<< enable this plugin.

Then look in the Components menu it's there

:D

jabatec

Thank you ITWorksSoftware
I was the same, thanks for the solution
Regards
Javier

mbrando

Quote from: ITWorksSoftware on July 09, 2012, 21:06:55 PM
Ok, so I found the solution to this problem by reading this post:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102736.msg341370#msg341370

In my case, I have XMap installed so this fixed it for me:

Log in to the back end, components menu, Xmap, Extensions tab: Xmap - Virtuemart Plugin <<< enable this plugin.

Then look in the Components menu it's there

:D

This fixed me up too.

- Mike
Reliable Web Hosting www.JIKOmetrix.net

RecessionProof