News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM link missing from Components list after update

Started by GraphX, May 16, 2012, 19:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphX

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 and I just updated from VM 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and now VirtueMart is missing from my components list. I was not able to use the auto updater, it just didnt work, nothing happened, so I had to download VM 2.0.6 and install it through the extension manager. Obviously VM is useless if I cant get in to work with it. How do I fix it?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webzie

FYI, after upgrading to vm 2.0.12b I lost VirtueMart in the components menu, but virtuemart-aio was still showing. Because I had backed-up, I figured out that virtuemart-aio had taken the ID form com_virtuemart in the #_menu table in PHP-admin.  So the com_virtuemart-entry had been overwritten by the virtuemart-aio-entry. After manually adding a table-entry for virtuemart component with a new ID, it showed again in the menu.

fire47

I have this problem with a new install of vm 2.0.18a on joomla 2.5.9.  Help.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fire47

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 18, 2013, 23:16:31 PM
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102736.msg341370#msg341370

The fix for this (and any other component that is installed but not on the menu) is to open up the database in phpMyAdmin and look in the xxx_extensions table for the VirtueMart component entry. Check the content of the "enabled" field. It should be 1 but yours may show 0  - edit it to 1 and the component will then show in the Joomla BE menu.

Before doing that you could try using the Discover facility in the Extension Manager  - somebody reported this worked for a Community Builder component install on J2.5 that failed to appear in the components menu.

What PHP version are you using? Is it an overloaded shared server you are using?

There are also many reports here on the forum that having Xmap installed without the current VirtueMartplugin prevents the VM component from registering in the database, the anwer there is to add in the plugin and use Joomla 2.5's discovery feature.

Kelvyn
Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

None of this worked for me.  I don't remember the order I installed xmap and virtuemart, but enabling the xmap plugin for virtuemart turned on the administrator/components/virtuemart component menu item for me.  Definitely a bug in one of the two extensions, either vm or xmap...

rightminddesigns

I know this is an old post but, in case anyone else is coming looking for another option, this worked for me:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101120.msg336673#msg336673