News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem with my products

Started by Philippe Saugère, May 08, 2012, 18:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe Saugère

Hello,
I have a problem with my products.
I sell rolls of protective films. Each type of film can be sold in different packaging:
2.50m, 5m, 10m, 30m.
I managed to put several fields per product to allow the customer to put in her basket, roll with the desired length.
But each roller to a different weight in terms of its length.
How can I indicate in the back office, this weight difference. The "Dimensions and weight" to detail allows only one product?
I hope I was clear.
Thank you for your help
Philippe

John2400

Hi Philippe Saugère,

So now your issue is that the individual films get heavier and cost more -
So even though you have figured out the drop down boxes you really need each drop down box to have their own characteristics.
then the issue is that you have one product that has child products that weigh different amounts and postage is more.

maybe the forum below is your answer  Here is where the attributes and child products are discussed.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.0

You could make each film a different product all together but the "child" product might be the way to go.

Philippe Saugère

Thank you for your reply,
but suddenly, I solved the problem with my client including shipping costs in the cost of the product. So I disabled the delivery method and customers go directly to paying .
thank you again
Philippe