News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to remove "sort by manufacturers" in a category display

Started by django29, November 28, 2011, 15:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

django29

Hello.

With Joomla 1.7.3 + VM 1.9.8 RC2M , how can I remove "Sort by manufacturers" and all the other sorting elements ?

It appears only for a subcategory, not for the top level category.

Kangelova

You have to edit the default.php in category folder, which is inside tmpt folder of your com_virtuemart...but I am speaking by memory ( e/g/ I am not 100 % sure this was the file) ..I need to check how I did it. When I get back from work I can check it for you...

alexsai

It must be here: com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

django29

Thanks Kangelova,

but I deleted all the code betwenn <!--BEGIN Search Box --> and <!-- End Search Box -->

=> No difference.

Kangelova

Yes, it was tricky. I will give you my file if you wish, because it wasn't just that box...I remember editing it three times until i got rid of everything...

PRO

you remove this

Sort by drop down
<div class="width70 floatleft">
         <?php echo $this->orderByList; ?>
      </div>

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

cpetitclerc73

I too am having this problem.

Is there a way to delete sort by in Virtumart 2.0.2 / Joomla 2.5.3?
I see in other forums to delete some code:
Code:
<div class="width70 floatleft">
         <?php echo $this->orderByList; ?>
      </div>

in the com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php page but this code does not appear in the newest version of virtumart 2.0.2 .

nmadrid27

Same here I have 2.02 and looked in various files and cant find it. I posted it earlier and didn't get a response.  any help?

brenwa

Just giving this a bump.....

I also need to know how to do this in the latest greatest version of VM (2.06)