News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Several differing systems fail update from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6

Started by omni++, April 25, 2012, 03:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omni++

Dedicated platform is Pentium 4 - 1.3Ghz on an Intel motherboard, 768MB Ram, running a fresh install of Windows XP sp3 fully updated, 32 bit, and is not the only system on which the latest versions of WAMP, Joomla, and Virtuemart are installed.   I have two other systems with the above installed exactly the same, only they are both 64 bit Windows 7 (different brands / motherboards, both dual core CPU's with 2 - 4 GB of RAM).   None would do a fresh install of Virtuemart 2.0.6 .   After much examination and puzzeling over the problem I realized that the one system (64 bit Win 7) in which virtuemart properly and smoothly installed was not virtuemart 2.0.6, but rather 2.0.2.  I then proceeded to install 2.0.2 on both other systems and all went well.  All three subsequently reported that an update was available, to version 2.0.6.  All three updates were attempted and all three failed.  Failure is manifested by a lengthy period in which the browser (Firefox) indicates  'waiting for localhost',  followed by a blank white update window.  Upon refresh no update has occured.  The symptoms of the problem are identical in spite of the fact that the systems are so different.  All of them are fresh installs of  WAMP,  Joomla, and  Virtuemart, with no OS or other tinkering prior to this install.  (On the older, slower 32 bit system I increased the execution time from 30 seconds to 90 to address the speed issue).   In every case the 'extract first'  directive was complied with.  Also, update files were attempted both before and after conversion to '.zip' format from tar.gz.   All failed.

My take-away from this experience and the many and varied other posts on this forum is that there may be an issue with the update files being downloaded.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.  Thankyou.

kerrianne42

I had a similar (but not identical) problem. My upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6 REQUIRED an upgrade between to ver 2.0.4. But - on the bright side - that did fix my issue. Maybe it will help you as well?

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I dream of a better tomorrow...
where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~