News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vmError: Tried to load controller featured on base path

Started by Slavomir, July 22, 2024, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slavomir

Hello

I`ve recently discovered this vmError in logg. Looks like error startet to show since September 2023. How can I fix it?

ERROR vmError: Tried to load controller featured on base path /home/F/....../www/components/com_virtuemart. No File available VirtuemartControllerFeatured<pre>#0 /home/F/....../www/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php(122): vmError()
#1 /home/F/....../www/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(71): require_once('/home/F/.........')
#2 /home/F/......../www/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(73): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()
#3 /home/F/......../www/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(361): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()
#4 /home/F/......../www/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(208): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()
</pre>

Joomla 4.4.6
Virtuemart 4.2.16
PHP 8.1.27

Best Slavomir

Jumbo!

VirtueMart does not have any view/controller called "Featured". It seems you have a third-party extension adding this to your site. You need to contact this extension developer to fix the issue.

Slavomir

Thank you Jumbo

I have only these extensions:

iStraxx -  Advanced inventory for Virtuemart
Daycounts - Automatic Numbers
VP One page check out
VP Stripe
VP Email manager
VP Smart template

Is it some of these? Only one extension is not updated since november 23. It´s Advanced inventory for Virtuemart.

Best Slavomir

Jumbo!

I can confirm that the issue is not related to the following extensions, as I developed them:

1. VP One Page Checkout
2. Stripe Checkout for VirtueMart
3. VP Email Manager
4. VP Smart Template

For other extensions, it's best to contact their developers.

In addition, I strongly recommend updating all the extensions to the latest versions to ensure full compatibility with Joomla 4.4.6 and VirtueMart 4.2.16.

Slavomir

Thank you again

It`s just one more thing. I don`t get this error on local instalation on Xamp test server. Same instalation of Joomla, Virtuemart and extensions. Xamp has php 8.1.

Best
Slavomir

Jumbo!

I want to highlight that the error can be manually triggered by calling the following URL on all VirtueMart sites:

http://www.example-website.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=featured
The URL is invalid, so it generates an error and is logged.

I think search engine crawlers are calling this URL on your site. You can check your server's access log and block this request.

Slavomir

Slavomir

Hello again

I found a lot of URL´s like this in the access log. /index.php/component/virtuemart/featured?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=..........
Do these trigger the vmError in the log mentioned above?
If its correct, shall I block these in the robots.txt? Like Disallow: /index.php/component/virtuemart/featured ?
I´ve blocked out ip in .htaccess. It works but its googleboot. Maybe its not so smart and I should use robots.txt?

Best
Slavomir

Jumbo!

It's not advisable to block googlebot; instead, you can use the following URL rewrite rule to block the URL.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} component/virtuemart/featured
RewriteRule .* index.php [F]

Slavomir

Thank you

Where shall I put the code? In .htaccess?

Best
Slavomir

Jumbo!

Slavomir

Hello Jumbo

Many thanks for all your help.

Best
Slavomir

Slavomir

It works

Milbo

Quote from: Slavomir on July 23, 2024, 11:01:16 AMHello again

I found a lot of URL´s like this in the access log. /index.php/component/virtuemart/featured?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=..........

This are old vm1 ! links! Flypage is a vm1 term, it is not used since vm2 anylonger
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Slavomir

Hello

What can I do with this? Probably some old code. The store has been continuously upgraded over the years from version 1 to the current version of VM. I have a lot of customers and orders in the store. I rather don't want to install a new copy of the solution. Is it possible to remove the old remnants of the VM?

Best
Slavomir