News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

J3.4.1: Shipping Addresses broken with SEF-URLs

Started by sixlegs, April 29, 2015, 12:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixlegs

I'm running VM 3.0.8 with Joomla 3.4.1
As long as I enable SEF-URLs I can't edit my shipping address ("You are not allowed to view this resource").

Although I wonder why no one else has ever noticed this issue, this seems to be another 3.4.1 routing-goodie...

Greetings
Bene

sixlegs

As customers can't enter a shipping adress, most of them can't order anything.
No one else with this issue?

Quote from: sixlegs on April 29, 2015, 12:49:24 PM
I'm running VM 3.0.8 with Joomla 3.4.1
As long as I enable SEF-URLs I can't edit my shipping address ("You are not allowed to view this resource").

Although I wonder why no one else has ever noticed this issue, this seems to be another 3.4.1 routing-goodie...

Greetings
Bene

rajmohansoft

Hi
     i faced the same issue, customer can't complete the order, the shipping address and bill address are saved(checked in db). But i customer can't complete order.

fastpat27

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Having the same problem.

Disabling SEO works in my case but that's a step backwards instead of improving things.

:(

fastpat27

Hi

I'm running J3.5.1 and VM3.0.16, I think these are the latest but this problem is still happening. Anyone any solutions or is it more likely to be a template issue? the site is live and busy this week so don't want to swap templates to test unless really necessary.

FP

GJC Web Design

It s normally the template

set up a clone if u need to do extensive testing
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

fastpat27

Perhaps I can test in during night time hours when all is in bed. I have never cloned a site yet so that will take a bit of reading up on, files would be easy but not sure about cloning a database.

Thanks for the help

FP

jenkinhill

I use Akeeba backup to clone an entire site and install it in XAMPP on my office PC for testing, but I don't think this would work help with a URL related problem. Can you install it on a subdirectory of the live site and test there?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fastpat27

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 05, 2016, 18:27:56 PM
I use Akeeba backup to clone an entire site and install it in XAMPP on my office PC for testing, but I don't think this would work help with a URL related problem. Can you install it on a subdirectory of the live site and test there?

I can try this perhaps, never done it before but I'll take a backup before I start, I use akeeba for backups too. Thanks for the tip Jenkinhill

fastpat27

OK, it's late and no-one using the site so I just changed the default template to protostar. After enabling SEO in configuration unfortunately it still has the same problem. Disable the SEO and I can add a second shipping address.

Any ideas anyone?

FP