News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Categories,subcategories and product view

Started by Easterkram, January 02, 2016, 14:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easterkram

Hi I'm reletively new to virtuemart. I have a shop set up with Categories>Sub Categories>Products
I want a category view to show in the categories and sub categories and a product view in the products
If i set the view to Categories then I lose the product view, could anybody please advise me of the virtuemart settings I need to put in so I can achieve the views of categories and product I want?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Easterkram

Hi I am using joomla 3.4.5 php5.5.30 I am using the latest version of virtuemart, the theme has been created by me in using an app called Themeler

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jenkinhill

"latest version of virtuemart"  From SVN or what?  "Latest" is not enough!

And the URL?   As for Themeler, if it is as bad as CrapArtisteer then there could well be problems.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Try the protostar theme, to chekc if your theme ahve a problem.
And please update joomla to 3.4.8, you have a security vulnerability !

Easterkram

Hi thanks for the replies, got it sorted

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

alxcre

Hi,

Joomla 3.4.8
VM: 3.0.12

I have the same problem:

I have a category with four subcategories. In joomla menu I select the category and the subcategories are displayed in the site, but if I choose one of the subcategories, the products inside are not displayed.

Someone can help me?

Best regards

Studio 42

alxcre

Thanks Studio 42,

I did it but problem persist.

I think that should be an incorrect configuration in the item menu or VM category layout, but I canĀ“t find it.

Regards,

Studio 42

alxcre

Hi,

I have this options in Page layout.

No override: subcategories are not shown. Displays products, but without products (because main category do not have products)
Categories: show subcategories, but if I select one of them, products in subcategories are not displayed.
Default: same that "No override".

Regards,

Studio 42

Set page layout to no overide
And do same in your shop categories setting.
If you have trouble, try with default Joomla template

alxcre

Thanks, I did it.

In item menu for the main category => Page Layout: no override
In VM => Product Category => select main category => Category Browse Page: categories

Regards,

Studio 42

Set all to no overide.
Category Browse Page: no overide
Categories is bad for your case, this is only categories without products