News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopping Cart Math is Screwy!

Started by duncan12, February 11, 2016, 21:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan12

It should be simple. Product is 25.00. Tax on product is 2.13, calculated by AvaTax at 8.5%. Shipment is 6.95. No tax rules on shipping. So:
   25.00 (product)
+ 2.13 (tax)
+ 6.95 (shipping)
= 34.08 (TOTAL)

But that is not what I am charged. I am charged 32.54. $32.54???? What?

How does VirtueMart come up with this number? Hold your pants:
$25 (product)
$ 2.13 (tax)
$ 6.95 (shipping)
$-2.13 (tax????)
$  .59 (shipping tax)
$32.54. (TOTAL)

The end result is No tax charged on the product, and .59 charged on the shipping. This is the exact opposite of my configuration and is completely screwy! It shows the tax on product being charged in the cart. But then it removes the tax amount and charges tax on shipping. WTF?

I am on VirtueMart 3.0.12 and Joomla 3.4.8. No Overrides. Default Joomla Template: Protostar

duncan12

Seriously, this is screwy and can't possibly be right. Virtuemart charges tax on shipping, but no tax on the product. That is the exact opposite of my settings.

My shipment methods say Tax: Apply No Rule
My AvaTax is set to Tax Per Bill.

Somehow it applies tax to my shipping. And no tax to my products? WTF?

Somebody? Anybody?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

duncan12

That was a dead-end.

There is no logical reason why virtuemart should show the correct tax $2.13 for my products in the cart, then when adding up the total at the bottom, remove the $2.13 and randomly charge me for shipping tax at $0.59, when there are no tax rules being applied to my shipment method.  It is nonsense.