News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Minify, Join and Compress VM 2.0.2 JavaScript.

Started by Jerome, March 22, 2012, 06:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerome

I am using Joomlart T3 Frame work for Joomla 2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2 and notice issues when Minify, Join and Compress (M,J,C) is turned on. I am using various Java script modules and notice that when (M,J,C) is enabled it causes issues with Virtuemart only. When ever I use the modules without being in a VM category everything works fine. (meaning selecting a joomla menu or article page) But when i select a VM category with the (M,J,C) turn on thats when the JS conflicts occur. Only when I select a VM category the JS conflicts occur. In the Joomlart T3 there is an option to exclude JS files from being (M,J,C). I found that the file of facebox.js is causing the conflict from using the (M,J,C) feature. Note that with Joomla, Joomlart T3 Frame work, and VM only installed the (M,J,C) feature doesn't work because VM Javascripts conflict with each other. Not sure why but I do know that when ever I exclude the facebox.js from being (M,J,C) everything else works. I tested on a remote and local server. On the local server I had to exclude the facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework and disabled the "Use external google jquery library" option inside the configuration of VM. On the remote server I simply excluded he facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework. Not sure if this is a real bug but throwing it out there for people that have issues with JS in VM. Does anyone have a better solution to use (M,J,C) with VM 2.0.2 javascripts?

revampnet

I am having the same issues.  Where did you completely exclude the facebox.js?  I saw the JS file and just renamed it, but that didn't do anything.  I un checked the VM JQuery Google thing.  Still nothing.

I am searching high and low for a solution and have not found a thing.  Did you have any luck?

Thanks.

Jerome

Are you using the T3 Framework? If so there is a box that states Optimize Exclude just put facebox.js in there.

tonytong

Quote from: Jerome on March 22, 2012, 06:21:56 AM
I am using Joomlart T3 Frame work for Joomla 2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2 and notice issues when Minify js, Join and Compress css (M,J,C) is turned on. I am using various Java script modules and notice that when (M,J,C) is enabled it causes issues with Virtuemart only. When ever I use the modules without being in a VM category everything works fine. (meaning selecting a joomla menu or article page) But when i select a VM category with the (M,J,C) turn on thats when the JS conflicts occur. Only when I select a VM category the JS conflicts occur. In the Joomlart T3 there is an option to exclude JS files from being (M,J,C). I found that the file of facebox.js is causing the conflict from using the (M,J,C) feature. Note that with Joomla, Joomlart T3 Frame work, and VM only installed the (M,J,C) feature doesn't work because VM Javascripts conflict with each other. Not sure why but I do know that when ever I exclude the facebox.js from being (M,J,C) everything else works. I tested on a remote and local server. On the local server I had to exclude the facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework and disabled the "Use external google jquery library" option inside the configuration of VM. On the remote server I simply excluded he facebox.js in Joomlart's T3 Framework. Not sure if this is a real bug but throwing it out there for people that have issues with JS in VM. Does anyone have a better solution to use (M,J,C) with VM 2.0.2 javascripts?

did you resolve this problem? i have the same issue now.

GJC Web Design

I have never seen this work successfully on a VM install.

VM as many ajaxified JS calls..  I assume this is why M,J,C breaks it

IMHO the time savings now days on a good server with the fast delivery speeds are negligible

The real savings would be throwing away a massively over coded T3 framework and use a simple fast template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation