Son product having no price set parent price instead of "ask for price"

Started by SteP[IT], April 27, 2015, 18:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteP[IT]

I have noticed that both when a son price has NO PRICE set or has ZERO PRICE, if you select it in the dropdown, the product price is always set to the original parent price.
In my opinion, we should separate them:
- when a son price has NO price, it should set the product price to "ask for price".
- when it has ZERO price, it should set the product price to the original parent price.
Right now there is no difference between NO PRICE and ZERO PRICE, but it should be.
Please, let me know your thougth
Tested with J 3.4.1 e VM 3.0.8.
J 3.9.2 - VM 3.4.3

MMC EDIZIONI - Italian High-Quality PaperBooks Publisher
Site: https://www.mmcedizioni.it

Manuxx

There are many possible combinations.

In our case we remove the price of the parent using it only as a presentation for the child products.

Sorry but I dont agree with you, Zero price and no price is the same for me.

And I dont agree either in the second thing.

A child product IMO should NOT inherit the price of the parent when this one is set.

Is difficult to achieve a combination valid for everyone.

SteP[IT]

I disagree: for me, ZERO price means the attribute has really no additional cost (i.e. a different colour when colours have the same price), and NO price could have several meanings, i.e. the attribute/product has non determined price (i.e. a product exeeding the standard available stock); or is the base for children; or so on.
J 3.9.2 - VM 3.4.3

MMC EDIZIONI - Italian High-Quality PaperBooks Publisher
Site: https://www.mmcedizioni.it

lindapowers

Quote from: SteP[IT] on April 29, 2015, 09:20:10 AM
I disagree: for me, ZERO price means the attribute has really no additional cost (i.e. a different colour when colours have the same price), and NO price could have several meanings, i.e. the attribute/product has non determined price (i.e. a product exeeding the standard available stock); or is the base for children; or so on.

I see, you talk about attributes, I dont think you should use child products for colours etc but instead the simple custom field.

For us child products are totally independent products from the parent, just from the same family and grouped that way.

So as you can see there are many ways of using them.

But are you sure you are talking about child products and not simple cart variants?