Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

COM_VIRTUEMART_CAT_NOT_FOUND

Started by FranzFromFar, June 17, 2014, 23:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FranzFromFar

Hello!
I'm creating my first VM shop...
with the sample data all is fine, but when I delete the sample data and I create my first product for a try, if I click on the "shop" link (negozio in Italian) I have this error:
COM_VIRTUEMART_CAT_NOT_FOUND
What can I do?
I use vm 2.6.6...
Thanks a lot

jenkinhill

Suggests you have not successfully created a category for the product. The category comes first.
Turn on "Enable database Update tools" in VM Configuration/Shop/Advanced Settings and then on the Tools & Migration/DBG Tools panel  you should use  "Reset all tables and do a fresh install".

That enables you to start again, to add a category and then add your first product.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FranzFromFar

Hello,
I've just done that, but I've the same error...
I've noticed that in the url appear a 404 error:
?error=404&Itemid=0

can someone help me?
thanks a lot

GJC Web Design

1st switch off ALL SEF on a site you are developing.. I see this so many times .. SEF is one of the last things you worry about when building a site

You can't develop/build a site if you have no idea what the real urls are!!!

2nd - the 404 says you are in a redirecting loop -- check your menus... root menu to VM, conflicting menus incl. unpublished and trashed
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

FranzFromFar

Thanks a lot, there was a conflict in the main menu...
Thanks a lot to all :)