News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to Apply Free Shipping on Certain Products

Started by toad78, March 04, 2013, 23:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad78

I'm using the UPS VM Shipment Module (Valerie Isaksen (alatak)) and FedEx Multibox Shipping for VM2  (HartlessByDesign, LLC). I have been asked to mark certain items as 'Free Shipping' but do not know how to do it and to make sure that the shipping modules do not apply shipping towards these chosen item.

Is this something that Custom Fields would be used for? If so, how?

If not, same question: how can I accomplish this task.

PRO

mosquitoman

did anyone figure this out? I have the same issue... If you leave it zero then it doesn't allow you to select ups shipping at all.  for me it then defaults the shipping method to local pickup when products don't have any weight. 

klattr1

There's different ways of achieving Free Shipping in VM 2. I do it by creating an alternate shipping option titled Free Shipping using the default "weight_countries" shipping plugin. And then it's triggered by setting the weight for a given product in between 0 and 1 lb. And then if your other FedEx/UPS plugins allow it, set the minimum weight parameter of those to match the maximum weight parameter of the Free Shipping plugin. That way it doesn't show the others as options during checkout.

See the screenshot below for the Free Shipping method parameters.

Also, are you wanting Free Shipping to be promoted on the product details page too?

[attachment cleanup by admin]