News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing Units field

Started by Darkheart, February 27, 2014, 23:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkheart

After migrating from VM 1.1.9 to 2.0.26d I don't find where I can add product units. There is no such field anymore, but I can see the values in products table column "product_unit".
This is how it looks in "Product Dimensions and Weight" tab:

Is this some known bug?

jenkinhill

Units are selectable and set on the Product Dimensions and Weight tab, or do you need something different?

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Darkheart

I am not talking about weight or dimension units, I am talking about product units. It could be "piece" or "pair" for example. This is screenshot from VM 1.1.9 with product units field:

And this is VM 2.0.4

Please, move this back to bugs, cause the field is missing, but it is still in database (virtuemart_products table, column "product_piece")!

Darkheart

So, what about status of this missing field? Will it come back someday or not?

jenkinhill

It is Units in Box on the Product Dimensions and Weight tab of each product.

For display in product details use this:   $this->product->product_box
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Darkheart

No, it is not! Please see my last screenshot, Units in box is other field and it is numeric. I am not a VM noob, I know this is a bug, cause the old variable is missing in code but it's value still exists in database. It seems like VM team doesn't know VM good enough. :(

AH

Why such a negative response?

If you have found a bug then report it. 

Check if the field is provided in the $product array

If it is, then it is not a bug, it is just not used in the templates.
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Darkheart

I have reported it with this topic, but someone moved this topic to this section and no one has moved it back since then. I don't want to create new topic just because someone moved this here.

The field is missing in VM administration. Please see my last screenshots. These are older VM versions and there you can see the field, but later it got lost (the first screenshot is from 2.0.26d).