News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order Status to send email to vendor

Started by hk, April 24, 2014, 16:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

Hi,

I recently upgraded from VM 2.018a to 2.0.26d in test region.
In the configuration, I setup as below:
Default Order Status to send email to shopper: Cancelled, Confirmed, Shipped, Refunded
Default Order Status to send email to vendor: Pending, Confirmed by shopper, Cancelled, Confirmed, Shipped, Refunded

When I change Order status to Pending or Confirmed by shopper, with above settings, the vendor should receive an email. However the mail is not sent to the vendor.
When I perform same operation while enabling Notify Shopper?, an email is sent to both Vendor and Shopper.

Can you let me know how can setup the mails to be sent to only Vendor when the order status is Pending or Confirmed by shopper.

jenkinhill

In current versions mail is no sent for Pending.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hk

How about sending mails to vendor when Order status is Confirmed by Shopper.

hk

If I add Pending in the Default Order Status to send email to shopper along with Cancelled, Confirmed, Shipped, Refunded, the mail is sent to shopper and vendor.

zanardi

@Kelvyn I am not sure I understand.

Are the settings "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" and "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" working? I assume with those configuration settings you should be able to decide when to send the email. But my tests show that they are not taken into consideration. Am I missing something?

Te be exact, they don't seem to be working when payment method is "PayPal". The order is created, it goes in "pending" status, but the mail is not sent. I have configured an offline (standard) payment to put the order in "pending" status and the confirmation email is sent.

See https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123672 for more details about this issue.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter