News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Only one Product Showing in Cart

Started by Tryer, March 09, 2014, 12:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

I am using Virtuemart 2.0.26d on a Joomla 2.5.18 site. When adding more than one product to the shopping cart, only the first is shown. However, the total price reflects all items in the cart.

I have read on this forum that other users have this same problem, but I cannot find a solution.

Any comments appreciated

jenkinhill

Commercial or default VirtueMart template?
url?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Thanks for your reply, I have tried both default and commercial templates and it makes no difference either way.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Once again, thank you for replying. My PHP version is 5.3.28.

The problem can be seen here: http://www.openphotographicsociety.org/shop-and-tools/shop/all-products

Add a couple of items to the cart and you will see only the last product added although the total price will reflect all items added to the cart. Delete the last product (the visible one) and the previous one will pop up to the top of the list and hence be become visible.

Incidentally, this is not a problem brought on by upgrading Virtuemart to the latest version (2.0.26d). The problem appeared before the upgrade and I hoped that it might be a bug that had been addressed in the latest version - no luck!

Comments appreciated.

jenkinhill

That is a real mess of a template, so difficult to work out what is happening. But as you say, add two products to the cart and only the first one shows.

The display of tr.sectiontableentry2 is suppressed, and apparently by jsn_ext_vm.css and template.css - these are not default VM styles and the cart display is also not default VM code,  so you will need to consult with JoomlaShine about this. 

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Tryer

Thanks again! I have now set the template back to "Joomla default" within Virtuemart but it makes no difference. The history of this problem makes me think it may be a Virtuemart problem because everything worked fine with this same template with earlier Virtuemart versions. The Joomlashine template has not been updated but Virtuemart has! I'm not sure which Virtuemart update introduced the problem but it was not the most recent upgarde to 2.0.26d.

jenkinhill

From what you are saying, that the JS template overrides were for an older version of VM, it is possible that the override files need updating.

No other reports of an issue like yours have been reported despite over 100,000 downloads of the current version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Tryer

Thanks, I'll investigate that and post again if anything turns up.