News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Change of domain name breaks payment process

Started by AJW, February 25, 2014, 10:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW

HI,

We recently changed the main domain name on our hosting account & parked the old one.

The site and virtuemart front end work fine.

However when an order is placed and the user is directed to make a payment (Sagepay & Paypal are active payment methods). The payment goes through successfully but the redirect back to the site after success shows a blank page.

The return URL being used is www.newdomainname.co.uk/********

When I change the domain name to www.olddomainname.co.uk/****** the thank you pages loads and the order is completed successfully.

I have updated the site URL in the vendor section to the new domain name. Is there anywhere else that the old domain needs to be replaced with the new one in VM 2.0 for the payment checkout to work successfully?

I have looked in the .cfg file in administrator/components/com_virturemart but dont see any reference to a site URL in there?

Virtuemart 2.0.20b - Joomla 2.5.18

jenkinhill

Should not affect VirtueMart at all, except for maybe needing to change some payment plugin configuration.
eg If using the PayPal API have you checked that the API Live Username does not include the old domain?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AJW

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 26, 2014, 12:21:53 PM
Should not affect VirtueMart at all, except for maybe needing to change some payment plugin configuration.
eg If using the PayPal API have you checked that the API Live Username does not include the old domain?

HI,

Thanks for the response. I checked the paypal & sagepay payment method screens in Virtuemart and I dont see any option for a return URL. I have also looked in the Joomla plugins and dont see any option in the plugins there either.

I spoke with sagepay they say the URL is not a factor on their system side as a client might have multiple domain names, so it returns back from the URL it came from.

jenkinhill

I have a url configured in a third party PayPal Express plugin but I guess not all plugins would use that.

Cache issue?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AJW

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 26, 2014, 18:52:50 PM
I have a url configured in a third party PayPal Express plugin but I guess not all plugins would use that.

Cache issue?

Thought that but cleared Joomla cache and dont have cache enabled on my browser. But just to be sure I tried from a different device & same thing?

Neither payment plugins have a return URL option, the vendor URL is set to the correct new domain name, everything works fine. Its just odd that when I change the URL after payment completion, to replace the new domain with the previous one, it returns correctly to the thank you order placed page, and order is marked as confirmed in the system.

Has to be somewhere in vitruemart that it has the old domain and the only the place I saw was in the vendor URL which I have changed.

But stuck as to what to do?....

jenkinhill

The domain name is supplied to VM by Joomla.  Do you have a return url set on the payment site? eg you can set a return url on the PayPal site - not needed with J/VM as it sends its own return url

BTW, if you are using that olde version of VM shown in your sig then ypu should update, as it is known to have critical security issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK