News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Display and Pricing of Products

Started by CNIDog, February 09, 2014, 01:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNIDog

I have fought with VM 2.0.26d for about 6 hours now trying to get the product to display a price.  If I assign a Shopper Group to the product, the product disappears completely unless I'm logged in, but I want unregistered users to be able to browse the products.  If I clear all Shopper Groups, the product displays, but always says "Call for Price".  I have values entered for Cost Price, Base Price, Final Price, and even entered in an override price and tried all three settings (disabled, etc.) and nothing I do makes the price appear.  I have spent at least two hours searching and trying to muddle through a multiplicity of related threads trying to find a clue (it is how I managed to get the items to display in the first place: delete Shopper Groups), and I feel I have accomplished absolutely nothing for my searching.  I am not a VM adept - I'm a newbie - but I need to get a functional store up that DISPLAYS @#$* PRICES!!! Sorry... frustration kicked in...

jenkinhill

So you did not start by simply installing the default products to see how things work?

First, the majority of stores do not need to use shopper groups at all, so return any setting you made for shopper groups for each product and product price to "Available for all".
Then check that you did not set each shopper group to "Enable shoppergroup specific price display"
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum