News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM manual ordering of categories stopped to work after update to 3.0.9

Started by Martynas.v, September 17, 2015, 07:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martynas.v

Hello,

I have a problem with Virtuemart 3.09 product ordering. I have a store with products that may be assigned to more than one category. I use manual product ordering. If I change products order in one category, they are ordered ok. But when I try to change the order of the same products in another categories they belong to, then the product order in those categories doesn't change.

At first I thought I messed up something when migrating from virtuemart 1.9 to 3.09. But then I made a fresh install of Joomla and Virtuemart, and the same problem persists.

I am using: Joomla! 3.4.4 + Virtuemart 3.09.
Here is a sample website: http://pr3.designus2.lt.ieva.serveriai.lt/index.php/component/virtuemart/wear/lady/by,ordering?Itemid=101

Can anyone help me with this problem?

AH

I have just checked this functionality and ordering is working as expected.

Changing the ordering sequence of products / save that ordering sequence - products ordering is saved.

You can see that the ordering has changed in the admin list view if you select the category - note that you cannot change the ordering unless a category is selected

For the front end ensure that you have ordering configures in  virtuemart/configuration/product order settings
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Martynas.v

Thank you for looking into my problem.

I know how to save product ordering. But it still doesnt save the order of products that belong to more than one category.

I try to change the order of product "Zipper pullover" in "Lady" and "Mister" product categories: http://pr3.designus2.lt.ieva.serveriai.lt/index.php/component/virtuemart/wear/lady/by,ordering?Itemid=101

In "Lady" category the product ordering is as expected - "Zipper pullover" is the first product. However when I switch to "Mister" category, the same product is 3rd in a row even though it is configured to be also first.

Can you look into this? I will pm you login.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

AH

I have logged in and seen the issue -

I am testing on VM 3.0.10 and this function works on this release - I suggest you do an update and then re-test
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1