News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with url's

Started by ruud78, October 24, 2013, 16:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruud78

Hi,

I have a weird problem with the name of categories in the urls.
Currently I have a category cars, with underlying categories such as audi and bmw.
These categories are accessible via the main menu.
For example, if I navigate via the menu to an audi a4, then the url will be: www.url.com/cars/audi/audi-a4. Exactly as it should be.

Through the whole website I also use the module 'featured products' and 'most sold'.
If I click on a link from such a module, then the url will be: www.url.com/cars/audi-a4, so no /audi/.

I can see that there are canonical URLs created, so that's not really a problem, but with the display of the 'featured products' and 'most sold', there are some problems.

I have a custom html module on category-level where I included some extra text about the particular brand (audi).
This is now shown correct in the appropriate category.

The problem is, that this module is also shown on product level, if I navigate via the module 'featured products' and 'sold' the custom html module is visible. I don't want that custom html module shown at product-level, otherwise all productpages has the same text about the category above.

With navigating to the product via the main menu, there's no custom html module, exact as it should be.

So the problem only appears by generating the url without the intermediate category.

Does anyone here have experience with it?

RCheesley

You will need to check the Itemid of the various pages being used.

Modules show and hide based on the Menu Itemid and which pages they are assigned to, and to be quite frank, Virtuemart is absolutely crap at managing Itemids, especially if you have specific modules for pages.

Try using Advanced Module Manager - that often fixes things using their more in-depth assignment options, but ultimately you'll need to fix the Itemid issues sooner or later.

Ruth

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: RCheesley on October 28, 2013, 15:16:43 PM
Virtuemart is absolutely crap at managing Itemids
Some in depths details for this??
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart