Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Images not showing in category

Started by katw, October 29, 2013, 13:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katw

2.0.24 virtuemart
Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable
Recent issue hosting server company had to repair the domain's database and now when updating virtuemart with new products,
1 - in the product page all images show as in the correct category
2 - in the category page it shows as 0 images
Please advise

jenkinhill

Joomla 2.5 and VM2 both have database repair functions. As the db has been played with then maybe you can use VM's "Install or if necessary update tables " facility (in tools & migration). Otherwise revert to your last working backup, or manually add the cat images back in.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

katw

Thanks these are the steps that I have attempted to no avail.
1 - install and update tool
I use CSVI to bulk upload so have used the maintainence feature to optimize dbase tables

What I find is that
I can bulk upload the image details to virtuemart through the CSVI
Virtuemart will recognise these and place them in the product page while associating with the correct category (this is all fine on the product page)
On the Category page it shows the cateogry but the category details are : 0  [ Show ] so no known products associated on the category page..
I have also tried to bulk associate the products to category through virtuemart.
It goes through the process and confirms that there was success but
the same situation occurs

katw

This has been resolved.. after going through all the troubleshooting steps as suggested and contacting the hosting company I re-installed the dbase backup which was working prior to the issue (as suggested) and all is working now..

jenkinhill

Excellent. I presume you now will be making regular full backups. It can be a "life saver".
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

katw

you can bank on it  ;D
I have a new issue now .. I think it relates to the previous issue.. in the checkout the Payment methods are missing..
Payment methods are not assigned to any groups or countries so they should appear here.. Please help o wise one  :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK