Main Menu

Tax/ product price display requirements

Started by ufo_hk, January 07, 2013, 03:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ufo_hk

Hi,

Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.16

First up I have no problem figuring out how to configure the "tax on a product" however I do have issues with displaying tax / pricing.

I want to be able to display tax / product pricing as follows:
on product / category pages pre tax product pricing without tax value being displayed while on the checkout page I want tax per product and final sales price to be displayed.

How do I achieve this?
- it seems that I need to select option to display tax for it to appear on the cart - but this displays it on the product pages.
- if I want finial sales price to appear on the cart I need to select it - but then it appears on the product pages.
In the configuration - pricing options there are are two tax options for
Price configuration - " show tax in cart"
Show following prices - "show tax amount"
These do the same thing - so why are they both there?

I read through the "offical documentation on the wiki" and nothing outlines "tax" configuration and display options.
I then went and bought the recommended Virtuemart User manual - what a waste of money, this is simply a document that describes each configuration field but not real explaination as to how to configure VM to meet specific requirements.

I have also found there are two locations where taxs / prices dispaly can be configured ( configuration - pricing & within each shopper group) - which option over writes which. Even thou I have set up all customers in default shopper group changing options here has no affect on product price ot tax display.

I would really appreciate an outline of how the tax and products display options aredesigned to work and how to achieve my goal of displaying tax and product pricing as outlined above.

Thanks in advance.
Henk

ufo_hk

Is there anybody who can provide info on how the price / tax display options should work?

dwhitaker

Yes, I need help on this too.  Virtuemart pricing design does not seem to be very well laid out.

We need to be able to manage the prices that are shown on the product page DIFFERENT from the prices show on the cart.

Prices to be show on the product page:
Sales Price WITHOUT tax

Prices to be show on the cart:
Sales price without tax and TAX only for specific item
subtotal of tax
subtotal of sales price
shipping price
TOTAL

I mean, have we never shopped on amazon.com?  Im pretty sure this is a standard in the eCommerce industry, but we cant make this happen with VM?  Wow.  Im pretty sure 95% of your customers would prefer your product to work very similar to amazon.

nzandvliet

I'm looking for similar information:

Can anyone tell me how to display product pages prices with  before tax prices.
But on cart page how to display both the tax amount and full price?

Is it possible?

aquadir

I'm having the same issue... Nobody can help?  What a confusing product when setting up taxes!  :-[

akovanos

Hi

I am having the same problem and can't find a solution. I understand how to control the display of the different price options but any changes reflect on both the product page and in the cart.

I would like only the final sales price to be displayed on the product page. At the same time I would like each product line in the cart to show base price, tax and total.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

millzners

This one is actually pretty easy, I had the same problem.

Turn on the pricing you want to display in the cart through the VM configuration->Pricing screen.

Go into the following files (assuming you're over-riding VM CSS, which you need to do for this to work):
/templates/<mytemplate>/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php
/templates/<mytemplate>/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_showprices.php
/templates/<mytemplate>/html/com_virtuemart/virtuemart/default_showproducts.php

In each of those files there's a couple lines similar to (but necessarily identical to) this:

echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('priceWithoutTax', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('discountAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT', $product->prices);

just comment out the prices you don't want to see, for example:

//echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('priceWithoutTax', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('discountAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT', $product->prices);
//echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT', $product->prices);

Now the cart has all the fields you set in VM Configuration->Pricing but they don't display anywhere else on the site. 

FYI you can't do it the other way, which I tried first, you can't turn off in Pricing and then enable the lines to show in the cart.  That information is protected by the MVC and when the check boxes aren't set there's no way to pull the info from the SQL database (that I know of).

I hope this helps someone.

ufo_hk

@ millzners - THANKS !!!

I have to agree it is simple once you know how / where.

Very much appreciated that you supplied the solution and it resolved my issue (and probably others) and clears up how different pricing is displayed.

Henk

shaynadc

ufo_hk and dwhitaker, while trying to configure my own shop, I stumbled upon the answer to your questions.

To display a product WITHOUT tax yet show the tax in the Checkout, you must configure the tax to be applied to the whole bill rather than the individual product. You can do this at: Products --> Taxes and Calculation Rules --> Type of Arithmetic Operation --> Tax per Bill.

While millzners's solution does work, it's always best to do something via the administrator when you can.

Now, I have a problem of my own, which I haven't been able to solve. I need to display only my product's final sale price (with tax) and then itemize the baseprice, the tax, and the final sale price during Checkout. The reason being that Ecuador (where my shop is functioning from) law requires that the client be shown the final sale price for each product, so as not to be caught unawares at the end of the checkout process. And of course, we all should be aware of how much we're paying to the government, hence the need to itemize the tax at Checkout. Anyone know how to do that?

Cheers!

Maxim Pishnyak

Your VM version and url, please. What specific problem do you have? You are not able to show baseprice probably?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

AH

Shaynadc

You will need to modify the price display for the category and the product  to show the final price only in the product displays and then have the components of the price displayed int he cart.

Unfortunately the product price display configuration in VM2 does not have separate controls for what gets shown in the cart and what gets shown on the product display.

millzners has given you the starting files to modify
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1